PRE ORDER SALE - Keg DRY hop filter from Nor Cal Brewing $35 SHIPPED (US only)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it too late to add a second one to my pre-order? I'll send it in.
Edit: #11989

I just got shipping conformation that my packages are in route! I suspect they should start showing up here in 6-8 days.

Thanks for all the orders so far you guys. I will update this thread once they start shipping out to you guys.

Cheers
Jay

I just got shipping conformation that my packages are in route! I suspect they should start showing up here in 6-8 days.

Thanks for all the orders so far you guys. I will update this thread once they start shipping out to you guys.

Cheers
Jay
Could you hurry up? I have an IPA to keg within the next day or two:D

My friend is also interested, but he only has a Sanke keg. Will this fit in that small opening as well? (What is the diameter of this?)

Sigh... I was going to order two of these for myself, and was telling brew club friends to rally support. Then one of them directed me to the exact same thing on Amazon for $29.80 and free shipping. I closely compared all the pictures, but I couldn't spot a difference. Same size (or an available smaller version, 7 inches, for $26). 300 Micron Mesh Stainless Steel Dry Hopper for Cornelius Kegs Corny Keg Homebrewing,70mmx300mm http://a.co/1ZS0lmW

The original post says that you will have the best price online even after the price increase.

Is there any chance you can match this price, or that you use a smaller mesh than the 300 micron used in the one on Amazon?

I would much much rather support a fellow HBT member, so much so that I'm still debating paying the extra $5.20 per piece to support you.

Sigh indeed.

I would LOVE to match that price but I just can't that would be a nightmare on this end and all around.

When we started this, that product wasn't listed on Amazon or anywhere for this price. I am sure many of you did your own hunting like I did and found that the price was total rock bottom at the time. The person on Amazon has decided to lower their price and I get that and I honestly totally understand for you not purchasing this one from us.

All the Pre Order Sale parts are on the way and should be shipping out in the next week or so. I will absolutely update this once they all start shipping.

What I have decided to do, is toss in a little "Mystery Gift" in the filters when I ship them for all that purchased or continues to purchase them from us. Much like my fathers day gifts to all you guys when we did that sale in June.

Cheers
Jay

Personally, at the expense of a few bucks I'd rather support the site sponsors.

Just ordered this from all the way from east coast. Looking forward to this. This can be use in the primary bucket to dry hop also? Thanks, Jay bird, you are the man.

Yes...I would rather spend a few bucks more and know that it supports the site sponsors...and I already got my first one and it was in great shape and was packed well. That is why I ordered another one!

Jaybird, nice to see such a dignified response to 8rnW8's inquiry.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a SS chain for hanging inside the keg?

Thanks,
Dan

Jaybird, nice to see such a dignified response to 8rnW8's inquiry.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a SS chain for hanging inside the keg?

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks Dan!

I am using fishing line myself. I have a hook welded to the inside of my keg lid but you can just tie it to the handle and close on to p of the line. It will seal right up.

Cheers
Jay

Sigh indeed.

I would LOVE to match that price but I just can't that would be a nightmare on this end and all around.

When we started this, that product wasn't listed on Amazon or anywhere for this price. I am sure many of you did your own hunting like I did and found that the price was total rock bottom at the time. The person on Amazon has decided to lower their price and I get that and I honestly totally understand for you not purchasing this one from us.

All the Pre Order Sale parts are on the way and should be shipping out in the next week or so. I will absolutely update this once they all start shipping.

What I have decided to do, is toss in a little "Mystery Gift" in the filters when I ship them for all that purchased or continues to purchase them from us. Much like my fathers day gifts to all you guys when we did that sale in June.

Cheers
Jay

Super cool! While I love Amazon and am price conscious I also chose to support my "community" on this one. Are they made in China? Seems common to find a fabricator/supplier over there that piggy backs on all the great products ideas and sells them to others or themselves. I had a friend that did biz in China. Sounded frustrating.

Super cool! While I love Amazon and am price conscious I also chose to support my "community" on this one. Are they made in China? Seems common to find a fabricator/supplier over there that piggy backs on all the great products ideas and sells them to others or themselves. I had a friend that did biz in China. Sounded frustrating.

Thanks a bunch! It does mean a lot to all us vendors here on HBT.

Yes these are made over seas for sure. It can be frustrating dealing with all the suppliers in China absolutely but it can also be very rewarding as well. I personally have 4 vendors we deal with and have been dealing with all them for about 6 years so we have a great business relationship.

Cheers
Jay

@jaybird. I had a thought about these. Why not design it to float? I.e. an encapsulated ball in the bottom that, once the first gallon and a half or so was served, would lift the hops out of the beer. Just an idea.

First round of these shipped yesterday. I think Marianne (my shipping manager) was able to get about 40 of them set up and done. We should be able to get the rest of them done today and then we will convert the part to a regular part # on the website. You still have time to get the Pre Orders in..

Cheers
Jay

Can anyone offer a review of this product? I am especially curious about actual capacity and utilization. There are a lot of reviews of similar products that mention that (pellet) hops swell significantly to the point that the canister fills up and the liquid can't move through it any more.

Would like to buy 3 if this solves my keg dry hopping woes.

Been using one as one of the first 15 "pre sale" orders and it has worked perfectly! Looking forward to my second order arriving. Thanks.

Can anyone offer a review of this product? I am especially curious about actual capacity and utilization. There are a lot of reviews of similar products that mention that (pellet) hops swell significantly to the point that the canister fills up and the liquid can't move through it any more.

Would like to buy 3 if this solves my keg dry hopping woes.

Here is 1 that I just found in the original thread.

Loads of people have bought 2 and 3 after seeing the first ones. If that helps at all..

Cheers
Jay

Mine showed up as well. they look great! Thanks for the add-ons, too. Will find a good use for them!

Back