Pranqster Yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EinGutesBier

Reaction score
So I bought myself a 4 pack of North Coast's Pranqster - definitely a nice beer. The yeast is actually quite tasty if I say so myself. What I'm wondering is if the yeast that is in the bottles is the same yeast used for fermentation or if it is a non-proprietary yeast used for conditioning? If it's the same as the stuff used in fermentation, I've got to harvest me some of that! :rockin:

So I bought myself a 4 pack of North Coast's Pranqster - definitely a nice beer. The yeast is actually quite tasty if I say so myself. What I'm wondering is if the yeast that is in the bottles is the same yeast used for fermentation or if it is a non-proprietary yeast used for conditioning? If it's the same as the stuff used in fermentation, I've got to harvest me some of that! :rockin:
I've seen descriptions of PranQster mention that they're using 2 yeasts for fermentation with no re-yeasting at bottling. I'd assume you've got a bit of both in the bottle, but the proportions of each is probably off a bit compared to what they're pitching.

Back