• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Powered Mill: Complete Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemerritt

Reaction score
I have been parting out my whole setup here on Homebrewtalk, but figured the mill deserved it's own thread. Everything you need to mill your grain using a motor (except something to mount to). Used this setup for about a year with no problems. Includes

MM2, hardened, .5" Shaft
1 HP Grizzly Motor
Belt
12" Pulley
1.5" Pulley
Hopper
Mounting hardware

22662438396_c52b9b8f7d_z.jpg

Here is the motor:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C7U7BF8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

22018724612_7dc89ae5d1_z.jpg

Here is how I set it up

22031053885_2e9ea995f6_z.jpg

All in I think I have about $500 in this. I think $350 is a fair price. Hopefully we can do this local, but I am fine with shipping at the buyers expense.

So come get it all in one purchase and have the confidence that the motor, belts and pulley's are up to teh job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have basically the same set up. MM2 w/hardened rollers/1hp farm duty motor etc. Milled 100s of pounds or grain with no signs of wear. Great mill and this one has the proper sheave sizes too!

Yeah, getting those rpms (1750) down to sub 200 seems to be pretty important.

Where in Cali are you located?

I will be in the San Luis Obispo area this weekend (11/13-11/15) and the Sacramento area during thanksgiving if either of those locations help a sale.

Really nice mill set up. I'm near Sacramento so maybe we could work something out.

Back