Post Keg/Fermentation Additions for More Cider Flavor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StillwaterHB

Reaction score
5 gal basic cider recipe. I pitched 2 packets of Lavins champagne yeast. Fermentation as expected. Let it sit over a month. Moved to keg. Tastes a little yeasty. Dry (good) and winey (not as good). Less cider flavor than I hoped. Q: Can I add post keg additions - 2 apple juice concentrate to kick up the apple cider flavors?

That flavouring looks great. Does it taste natural or chemical aftertaste?
Little expensive to shop to great white north 31.00...

That flavouring looks great. Does it taste natural or chemical aftertaste?
Little expensive to shop to great white north 31.00...

It's not chemical at all. I've used it with batches that came out "weak" tasting with store bought apple juice. Amazingly concentrated, just 1/4 tsp per gallon is enough. Seems expensive, but that little bottle is enough for like 50 gallons lol.

Have you tried any other flavouring from them? 30.00 shipping I'd like to only order once!

Have you tried any other flavouring from them? 30.00 shipping I'd like to only order once!

I tried their organic cherry concentrate but only used it once. I put too much in (1/2 tsp in 1 gallon) and it was overpowering. Since then when I've wanted fruit flavor added to cider I have used the real thing.

Back