post fermentation temp question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
ok. so i just finished fermentation about two days ago where i was fermenting at 64 degrees ambient which means the beer was probably around 69 implementing the swamp cooler method. i have gone brew crazy lately and feel like freeing up my swamp cooler. is there any negative effects to letting the beer warm up to about 77degrees ambient room temp. i am under the impression that there isnt but i wanted to get a few opinions before i took it out of the swamp cooler. it is an ipa btw.

I don't really understand. It is done fermenting but you still have it in a fermenter? What do you plan on doing with the beer?

I don't really understand. It is done fermenting but you still have it in a fermenter? What do you plan on doing with the beer?

i still have it in the carboy, yes. it just finished fermenting so i am going to leave it on the yeast for a few days and let them clean up.

The way i understand it, if it has reached its fg, its ok to allow it to go to room temp. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you verify it is done fermenting so you don't pick up any of those off flavors

Wait, is the room 64 ambient, or 77 ambient? Where did you get the 64 degrees reading from?

64 is in the swamp cooler. it is what my thermometer strip on the side of the carboy reads. i will assume it is fermenting at 69 degrees give or take. i already bought another(4th) swamp cooler. it was inevitable anyways,. i brew a lot now, which is ****ing awesome!

Latest posts

Back