Post a pic of you and your other hobbys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is what i really would like to be doing right now. but do to poor student status it will have to wait. =(
willys_in_the_woods_by_zbeeblebrox.jpg

jdoiv said:
Here's one of my other hobbies. I'm the one on the left. I tend to get into it for a while and then back out of it for a while. Also like road and mountain biking. Sold my motorcycle. Darn kids take up most of my hobby time these days....
8384-DSCF0034.JPG

and with the kids after I lost...

8384-DSCF0041.JPG

An Epée guy eh?? Nice! I've dropped off a bit lately, but did foil and epee at JO's a few years back. :rockin:

mrkristofo said:
An Epée guy eh?? Nice! I've dropped off a bit lately, but did foil and epee at JO's a few years back. :rockin:

I think that the lady behind you in the 2nd pic was in The Matrix. :cross:

zbeeblebrox said:
here is what i really would like to be doing right now. but do to poor student status it will have to wait. =(
willys_in_the_woods_by_zbeeblebrox.jpg
Beautiful Willys and great picture! My Grandpa has a Willys in pieces in his backyard (frame and body in backyard, engine in the garage rafters) that I've played on since I could remember, and have wanted to put back together for the last 3 years. Damn, if I only had the time and space!

mrkristofo said:

I did foil for a long time, but the last two clubs I've joined have been more of epee clubs. So I went with the flow. I've done all three, but would consider myself a foilist first.

the_bird said:
Out of morbid curiosity, how much did he weight? Ninety pounds?

No! It's a yearling button, with all four legs it probably only went 70 give or take.

I've got too many hobbies to list, but my main other one is paintball. I've been playing for about 7.5 years or so, played tourney ball with expensive guns, sponsorships, quit all that, now I'm playing stock class (old school) and pump for fun. Here are some pics from a tourney we played in last weekend. We took second, played great all day and fell apart in the finals. Still had a great time!

I'm on the right with the gold gun and the grey shirt. Start of game off the break.
IMG_2670.jpg

Here's a shot in the middle of the game. If you look closely you can see the paintball flying through the air at the other guy!
IMG_2692.jpg

I used to be HUGE into paintball. I played for a college team as a freshman, RIT, and played alot of rec and touraments besides that. Due to money and my fiance i havent played hardly at all in the past few years but still love the sport. I also have a pasion for salt water aqauriums and am trying to finish my basement and save up some money so I can get it up and running again. Other than that my main hobby right now is cooking and soon to be brewing.

My other main hobby is my car as well. Going to meets, racing (auto-x) it, and generally just enjoying driving it. I like to photograph it also, even though I don't have a DSLR or anything. Every now and then I borrow my brothers Nikon D80, but these were all taken with my point and shoot:

5841-Rooftop1.jpg

5841-LititzShoot1RS.jpg

5841-NightFront1.jpg

5841-AerosyncInteriorResize.jpg

Like I said, I just enjoy driving. Car looks in pretty good shape for 108k hard miles on it, no? We've been through a lot together. In addition to travelling to about 15+states together, we've also lost our license for 4 tickets in one year, been paintballed/egged/pumpkined by jealous a$$hats, and much much more!

My other hobbies include playing some acoustic guitar, although I'm slacking off lately. Picture to come shortly... I used to snowboard, but haven't done that in over a year either...

Other than the car, beer is big though... Homebrewing, visiting countless brewpubs, and collecting breweriana stuff for my future in-home bar or business.

Here are some other pics:

Me and my guitar:
5841-SteveGuitar.jpg

Me and my nephew (hanging out with him is kind of a hobby):
5841-MeandKamdyn.jpg

Me and the SWMBO at the beach; our other hobby is taking many weekend and/or day trips. We went to Rehoboth and OCMD about 4 times this summer. The plus is dogfish head is there:
5841-MeandJackattheBeach.jpg

Back