Portland, Maine breweries suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailingeric

Beer. Now there's a temporary solution
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to Maine in June to visit my brother and his family, as well as get the last few states to get my 50 (ME, VT, NH, RI and CT) I see there are plenty of breweries besides Allagash, what should I try? I do plan on stopping in Berwick to hit Corner Point Brewery on my way to Portland. Also open to suggestions for Nh, RI and Vt.

Last edited:
Not only are there plenty of breweries besides Allagash, there are also plenty beside Allagash. There's a row of little breweries side by side in one of those metal industrial bay buildings right by Allagash. If you're going to Allagash (which I would definitely recommend, if they are doing tours), check those out while you're there.

Beyond that, I'd recommend Bissell Brothers and Foundation.

Disclaimer: It's been a while since I've been to Portland. And I have no idea how any of the breweries/taprooms are operating under any Covid restrictions.

I'd like to bring this thread alive again since I'll be going here in October. Where did you end up going op? Any new suggestions since 2 years is a long time since you visited? Thank you.

Sorry, just saw this..Visit Allagash and on the same street there are several breweries. And Maine Beer Company has good beer too. And if you have not been to Portland,.it is an amazing town and I cannot wait to go back ..and visit Holy Donut!

I'd like to bring this thread alive again since I'll be going here in October. Where did you end up going op? Any new suggestions since 2 years is a long time since you visited? Thank you.
I visit Portland on a yearly basis. I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I have a lot of advice. Are you just visiting Portland or anything else?

Highly recommend looking for Dinner from Maine Beer Co, check out the draft list at Novare Res (that bar is a must) and Biercellar is a must bottleshop. I have tons of other advice

Back