Portable Keg Cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flon3y

Reaction score
Say I want to take my 5G corny kegs with me rather than filling up a growler or two, maybe to a party or camping for the weekend etc etc. Is there a good way to do this?

I know there are ways to carbonate on the go using bike or paintball c02 cartridges, but I'm more concerned about keeping the beer cold. I've seen products like the 'Keglove' which is just a neoprene sleeve but I have doubts this would keep a keg cold more than a couple hours. I've also seen the DIY rubbermaid roller which I'm inrigued by but don't really want to DIMyself.

Jockey Boxes are another obvious solution, but the idea of lugging around a separate cooler in addition to my keg is kind of a PITA.

Suggestions? Recommendations? Etc? Thanks!

If I know it will be consumed quickly and Im not traveling far with it, I put it in a 10 gallon rubbermaid garbage can. If I need two kegs, I break out the rolling cooler that I added taps to and cut out the top for the kegs.

A bucket of ice would work fine, but it seems like if I had a chilled keg I could put it in an insulated container without ice and it'd stay cold pretty long.

Thanks for the link Rossi, any estimate on what that cost you?

If I recall correctly, it was about $180 for everything. I did it becuase where we camp in the summer its in the high 90's

Back