Porch Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgenebrewer

Reaction score
So my first time brewing beer was pretty fun. I did a biab all wheat beer, with 7 lbs white wheat, white labs 550, and an ounce of czech saaz.....
on my stove. Which proved to be a hassle. All and all it took me 5 hours from pouring water in the pot and taking it off to cool.

the funny part, it was one in the morning when i finished, and i realized my sink isnt big enough to put my ten gallon pot in, so i left it outside on my porch in near freezing weather and went to bed. Woke up before work at 7, dumped it into a sanitized fermenter, and pitched yeast. LAWL

I am super excited to see how it turns out considering its night on the porch.

Now i am needing to invest in a wort chiller, haha

I got a few wort chillers, but I do a "porch chill" in the winter time often, just out of pure laziness. It works just fine.

figured it would be fine, my biggest concern is that someone lifted the lid and took a pee in it, and that isnt very likely seeing as my street is dead at night. haha
Didnt know it was common practice though!

Back