Plumbing problems!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plinythebadass

Reaction score
So im getting closer and closer to having my two tear RIMS set-up ready to go!! Im running into a conundrum, im wonderung how I should route my wort lines. Specifically, the material of the hosing I should use...and if not hosing-what about copper piping? Thoughts??

I use 1/2" copper for most of mine. It's mounted to the stand, and I use 1/2" silicon tubing to connect all of the vessels to it. That way it's easier to connect and disconnect everything for cleaning. It's a good idea to build input and output manifolds for your pump. That way you can drain from any vessel into the pump, and send fluid from the pump into any vessel without disconnecting tubing during the brew.

I use 1/2" copper for most of mine. It's mounted to the stand, and I use 1/2" silicon tubing to connect all of the vessels to it. That way it's easier to connect and disconnect everything for cleaning. It's a good idea to build input and output manifolds for your pump. That way you can drain from any vessel into the pump, and send fluid from the pump into any vessel without disconnecting tubing during the brew.

I like the copper idea a lot and have for a while, plus it looks awesome. Any thoughts on how you could possibly connect 1/2" copper to a tri-clamp fitting? Im thinking solder on some 1/2" NPT male fittings and mate it to a female 1/2" NPT tri-clamp ferrule! Or some sort of compression attachment? I don't know...

Back