Plastic conicals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewbarr

Reaction score
I was wondering how everyone feels comparing the fast ferment conical with the 6.5 gallon hobby beverage conical?

I ferment all my AG beers in Speidel fermenters but, I have a fast ferment that I picked up cheap for those times when life is too busy for AG.
I buy Brewhouse wort kits when I have no time and they ferment perfectly in the fast ferment. I have it mounted on the wall in the basement. It is a breeze to clean.
The yeast/trub container works as advertised
Only complaint is lack of large blowoff tube connection. I put a 3/4" blowoff in the lid and all is fine.
For small batch brewers I would highly recommend the fast ferment. It for sure is cheap enough.

I was wondering how everyone feels comparing the fast ferment conical with the 6.5 gallon hobby beverage conical?

The only experience I have is with the FastFerment conical fermenter and fermenting buckets. I used my FastFerment setup just the other week and I love it!!! I'm the type of person who likes to start new hobbies (such as this one) without jumping right in spending a lot of money right off the bat, but rather grow into it and upgrade over time.

Anyways I would highly recommend it to anyone!! Here are two pics. One of the FastFerment with an IPA I brewed and the other the beer after it was kegged. I feel the beer is a lot clearer with this batch from the FastFerment setup!!!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1437914182.017242.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1437914197.866997.jpg

Is there any way to actively cool or heat the fast ferment? Looks like you have to take ambient temperatures which would be a big negative for me.

Is there any to actively cool or heat the fast ferment? Looks like you have to take ambient temperatures which would be a big negative for me.

I think the manufacturer is in the process of making an insulated blanket/cover/wrap (whatever you want to call it). I saw that as an accessory on the box but labeled "coming soon"!

I've been toying with the idea of making something. Wrap some flexible tubing around it, then some insulation, and run cool water through it. There's a company that makes this for buckets, but not conicals.

I have been using a Fast Fermentor for several months now, and I like it! I particularly like the fact that it hangs on the wall.

Back