Plastic Conicals for fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres been several threads on it.
like this.

Picture_0024.jpg

From here.

LOL my bad!!!!
I never saw the search before...Thanks for the input. I would delete the thread if I knew how...:)

Just filled mine up again today. I've used my plastic one and a friends stainless. I prefer the plastic since I can get a feel for what's going on through the translucent plastic. You can see how much yeast and trub. When I was cleaning the stuck on krausen from the last brew, it was great to be able to look through and see how well you are spraying it off. I can watch the volume come up and I can see the volume I've got when done. Cheaper and I like it better, that's a really odd combination for me.

Cool,
So basically the only reason to buy a stainless fermenter is because its shinny and looks very professional. :)

I own neither of these, I use better bottles, but the advantage here, is the scratch resistance of Stainless Steel. You can scrub the crap out of a stainless conical, and most of them open up enough for you to see inside of them and get to and see whatever you need to clean. But then again I clean my better bottles by letting them sit completely full of oxyclean for a day or two and rinsing thoroughly. I never scrub them, but I can see inside and tell they are clean, so It would be the same deal with a plastic conical, the advantage being dropping the yeast, harvesting the yeast, and doing easy gravity filling of my kegs. If thats what you want then go for it.

I've got one and have been happy with it so far. It's a joy to fill corny's from!

Back