Plastic bags for corny kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealperkins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw the video from Northern Brewer on how to build a keezer.

I don't care about that but - they did show placing their kegs inside each with a clear plastic bag that 'sorta' fit the keg (it would stand up on its own).

That would beat the crap out of cleaning up after a slow leaker! Does anyone know where these could be bought? Northern Brewer did not know about this item.

Thanks!

Because the size of the bag was close to the size of the keg the bag would stand up on its own. I think an oversized bag would tend to fall to the bottom of the kegs and cause problems when kegs are moved around the walk-in.

I saw them in the video as well. I just built a keezer and have been thinking about those bags and How useful they would be. I was looking online and there are sites that have 12" wide x 26" tall 2 mil plastic bags. You just have to buy a lifetime supply. lol.

Huh, funny coincidence. I watched the same keezer build video, noticed the keg-in-a-bag and had the same thought, "That bag's a clever way to keep things tidy inside the keezer". Searching for keg bags lead me to this 2-yr old thread.

Has anyone been able to find these bags without having to buy a thousand of them?

Brian

I just saw the video from Northern Brewer on how to build a keezer.

I don't care about that but - they did show placing their kegs inside each with a clear plastic bag that 'sorta' fit the keg (it would stand up on its own).

That would beat the crap out of cleaning up after a slow leaker! Does anyone know where these could be bought? Northern Brewer did not know about this item.

Thanks!

I found some bags that will work for $12.00:

11 9/16" x 28 7/16" Premium Protective Closure Bags (25 Pieces) [PEC2470]

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy thread resurrection batman! Jan 2014? AWESOME! But I can't see your cart. Can you link the actual part? I am curious about this little bag as well.

Cheers
Jay

Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted that, I actually requested a free sample to make sure that it works but, it looks like an inexpensive solution. The inside of my keezer is constantly getting beer residue all over the bottom and creases.

Back