Places to fill co2 tank around Valley Forge, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekd

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for info where to get my co2 tank filled around here. Called a few welding shops and they do not do it. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Keystone Homebrew swaps 5lb tanks for $17. And you can have a few free beers while you're there...

All the beer distributors in my area (Northeast PA) either fill them or swap. 17 is kind of high, I pay 6 to fill or 12 to swap. Call around to your local distributors, I'm sure they do the same in your area.

If it's like here in the NW corner of the state, cheapest is usually welding supply shops. They have the equipment to actually pressure fill a tank. Keep calling, those welding shops you contacted must get their tanks filled somewhere. Most Distributers can only equalize from a larger tank. Which means that if your the first fill from a large tank your in good shape, if your the last, well you get whatever remains in the tank.

Also call a few local bars. The get their tanks filled somewhere too.

Thanks, called a few distributors and the cheapest I found was 28.99 plus tax to swap it out. 6 to fill and 12 to swap is a hell of a deal. Not sure if I can find that deal around here. Found a welding shop in Blue Bell that fills instead of swapping and since I have a brand new tank that might be my best bet.

Back