Pittsburgh/Western PA Group Buy - Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got confused with the whole PayPal thing. :confused:

Yeah, that was somewhat of a painful process. At first it wouldn't let me pay from my checking account. Insisted I use a credit card and pay the fees. Then finally for no reason that I could see, it let me pay from my account with no fees. I never liked paypal and now I remember why.

ATTENTION:

PayPal charges me approximately 3% fee for the money you send me. If you send it as a PERSONAL gift and it comes from your checking there shouldn't be any fee's. If you pay with a credit card there will be a fee but the option is there for you to pay the fee. I can't come up with the 3-12 dollars for everyone and if I do it for one I would have to do it for all. You may not be able to pay directly through the invoice I sent you but you can just send the money to my paypal address.

I have sent invoices to everyone. Please check these and make sure I have invoiced you for the correct items. Some grain was cheaper (briess) than originally estimated but there were others that were more expensive (TF Products).

the dand email is my paypal email not the pittgrp.. email I made for this. If you have any questions or think I messed something up please email [email protected] or post to the forum. Please post to the forum that you have paid and/or send me an email. If you send an email please include your HBT username just so I don't have to search for who's who with emails.

I will try to keep the below list updated as much as possible.

AWAITING PAYMENT:

PARTIAL PAYMENT:

PAID IN FULL:
doubl3h3lix - Wadsworth, OH
simonh - Pittsburgh, PA
dand9066 - Indiana, PA
Dmase - Monroeville, PA
Beezer94 - Harmony, PA
bmickey - Salem, OH
adamreef - Cranberry Township, PA
hio3791 - Venetia, PA
wyoohio - Wadsworth, OH
hop_head76 - Imperial, PA
faithinchaosx - Pittsburgh, PA
kpr121 - Pittsburgh, PA
fredtheseal - Monroeville, PA
PJM - Wheeling, WV
Copyright1997 - NY
Rloc - Pittsburgh, PA
coyote68 - Indiana, PA
Bruwsomtin - Shippenville, PA
sinisterkid - Steubenville, OH
Paymygasbill77 - Finleyville, PA
zcrxt - New Castle, PA
Mcgeebc - Cleveland area, OH
Trent_77590 - Uniontown, PA
Mbell - Verona, PA
shuggy - Butler, PA
jags0401 - New Kensington, PA
bja - Butler, PA
ButcherBoy - Lower Burrell, PA
neutrinodust - Butler, PA

I'd love to get all payments this weekend so I can transfer the money from PayPal into my bank account on Monday. It takes a few days for that transfer so i'm pushing for us to be able to pick up grain Saturday, March 31st

Thanks all,
Dale

Yeah, that was somewhat of a painful process. At first it wouldn't let me pay from my checking account. Insisted I use a credit card and pay the fees. Then finally for no reason that I could see, it let me pay from my account with no fees. I never liked paypal and now I remember why.

I'm open to suggestions for future reference. Paypal just seems the easiest to collect payment from 30 people in a timely fashion. Paying as a personal gift from your linked checking is free of any fees but like I said any suggestions are welcomed.

I'm open to suggestions for future reference. Paypal just seems the easiest to collect payment from 30 people in a timely fashion. Paying as a personal gift from your linked checking is free of any fees but like I said any suggestions are welcomed.

I understand that paypal is probably the best way to go, at least for now. It's just that they don't make it as easy as it could be to send money without paying fees. Of course they want to make money on every transaction.

ALL PAYMENTS RECEIVED

WYOOHIO - you're payment is pending until Wednesday the 28th.

Thank you all for staying on top of the forum and emails to make this go as smoothly and quickly as possible.

Here is the suprise!!!

Country Malt delivered the grain before it was paid for. DMace has the grain at the location listed on the invoices I sent.
With this big of an advance on the grain DMace would like the bulk of everyone to pick up their grain between 8am and 12pm (noon) Saturday March 31st

If you are unable to pick up your grain this Saturday please make arrangements with DMace to pick it up.

Try to contact him through this thread first before you decide to blow up his phone as I have probably already done enough of that!!

Please print out and bring ur invoice

Cheers everyone!

Wow that is awesome news! DMace I have some stuff going on early Saturday morning but I should be able to get there around 11:30AM.

Now I gotta round up some containers for all my splits. I like the protein container idea for DME.

Looks like I also have to come up with a recipe to brew Sunday with my new grain (and really get moving on my eBrewery)! This just made my day!

Great news Dale. DMace, I can't pick up on Saturday as im going out of town on Friday. I will PM you to figure something out.

I know there was someone that was going to be out of the country on business but I can't seem to find who it was. if you can find who it was in this thread let me know so I can contact them.

ALL PAYMENTS RECEIVED

WYOOHIO - you're payment is pending until Wednesday the 28th.

Thank you all for staying on top of the forum and emails to make this go as smoothly and quickly as possible.

Here is the suprise!!!

Country Malt delivered the grain before it was paid for. DMace has the grain at the location listed on the invoices I sent.
With this big of an advance on the grain DMace would like the bulk of everyone to pick up their grain between 8am and 12pm (noon) Saturday March 31st

If you are unable to pick up your grain this Saturday please make arrangements with DMace to pick it up.

Try to contact him through this thread first before you decide to blow up his phone as I have probably already done enough of that!!

Please print out and bring ur invoice

Cheers everyone!

Not sure why it would be pending. Is it for both the fee and the invoice or just one? I will log into paypal and check it out.

Also, I can be there Saturday for pickup.

wyoohio said:
Not sure why it would be pending. Is it for both the fee and the invoice or just one? I will log into paypal and check it out.

Also, I can be there Saturday for pickup.

Just the invoice one. I wouldn't worry to much about it

I will have to pick my stuff up right at 8 AM or as early as possible. I'm doing March for Parks @ Twin Lakes in Greensburg Saturday morning.

It's not a problem, just giving a heads up...

I will have to pick my stuff up right at 8 AM or as early as possible. I'm doing March for Parks @ Twin Lakes in Greensburg Saturday morning.

It's not a problem, just giving a heads up...

Cool, the earlier the better. I'm here as early as 6:45am. I run this location with one other person. Sometimes, especially when the weather is nice, we get a little busy. So if there's nobody in the office, please give me a few minutes and I'll be in to help you.

Just a reminder to everyone to please bring your invoice(s). If you're picking up for someone else, please bring that person's invoice as well.

Thank you guys!

Just to be clear, you guys will have scales for grain splits? I didn't know if I had to bring one.

Thanks!!!

DMace has a hanging scale and I will bring a scale as well. I'll drop mine off for the day and pick it up before I leave Monroeville.

The hanging scale weighs accurately to the half pound. Anyone who wishes to bring their own is welcome to do so. It might be helpful to have an extra one... especially on Saturday.

I have an empty coffee can and a larger plastic pitcher that I use as a scoop for grain. Again, feel free to bring your own scoop. I'd rather not do a whole lot of dumping from the grain sack to your containers. Let's try not to make a mess.;)

Thanks for the quick response. One final question: I don't have an address/phone number for the pickup site. Feel free to PM if you prefer. Thanks!

dale,
i'm going to be able to go get my stuff. i'd like to meet up and follow you down if possible. i get off work at 7 am saturday. can you give me a call some evening this week?
thanks
joe

I am soooo bummed! I am new to the area and don't have internet hooked up yet my house. Just ran out of grain from my last group buy in Va and finally got online today to see if anyone in the greater Pittsburgh area ever did the bulk buys. Looks like I JUST missed this. So unless someone is willing to part with a bag of 2 row from this order please contact me next group buy as I will for sure be in for 2-3 bags of 2 row if not more.

dand9066 - Indiana, PA

adamreef - Cranberry Township, PA

faithinchaosx - Pittsburgh, PA

Rloc - Pittsburgh, PA

simonh - Pittsburgh, PA
[
Copyright1997 - NY

Dand9066 (or others in Pittsburgh area). Since I live a bit away (upstate NY), will you be able to hold my .3 DME (15#)? I will likely be in Pittsburgh the week before the 4th of July. I included others with burgh addresses (and Cranberry Township) as my relatives are in the south hills area. I can give the holder a couple # of the DME as a "handling" charge. :)

coyote68 said:
dale,
i'm going to be able to go get my stuff. i'd like to meet up and follow you down if possible. i get off work at 7 am saturday. can you give me a call some evening this week?
thanks
joe

Will do. I would like to leave as close to 7 as possible so well talk Thursday or Friday about meeting up

copyright1997 said:
Dand9066 (or others in Pittsburgh area). Since I live a bit away (upstate NY), will you be able to hold my .3 DME (15#)? I will likely be in Pittsburgh the week before the 4th of July. I included others with burgh addresses (and Cranberry Township) as my relatives are in the south hills area. I can give the holder a couple # of the DME as a "handling" charge. :)

I am able to hold it free of charge copyright. When ur passing through I could meet you in blairsville or you could even swing into Indiana and it would only add 10 minutes to your long drive.

Im not sure i can pick up by Saturday at noon. Im out of town for work until Weds. I may be able to make it out Friday or Saturday afternoon. Let me check with the swmbo

Im not sure i can pick up by Saturday at noon. Im out of town for work until Weds. I may be able to make it out Friday or Saturday afternoon. Let me check with the swmbo

Trent I know DMace doesn't want to stick around much after noon on saturday at his work. Work with him on a time but I believe he should be there later on Friday.

I know there was someone that was going to be out of the country on business but I can't seem to find who it was. if you can find who it was in this thread let me know so I can contact them.

I am out of town on business (Belgium) enjoying some great beer and have send DMace a PM and will be picking my grains up next saturday on April 7th. As for my splits I trust others to take what is thiers and leave what is mine.

i'll be stopping by hopefully around 9am. do we have to call ahead and set up with DMace or just show up sometime in the 8-12 window?

faithinchaos said:
i'll be stopping by hopefully around 9am. do we have to call ahead and set up with DMace or just show up sometime in the 8-12 window?

Just show up in the time allotted.

They questioned me for paying an invoiced amount as a gift. I would just tell them you were collecting money for a group activity not selling anyone anything. This is a bit of a stretch, but not all together dishonest. You are still acting in the spirit of the personal payment option since this isn't a commercial enterprise or sale for profit on your part.

Adam

It's a bulk purchase. Nothing illegal about that. They just want to make some money on the deal.

While I agree with these guys that its just a bulk purchase and should be okay, if they make you pay a fee please let me know and I will send you the additional money from my 'gift'.

Just show up between store hours, which is 7am - 11:59am. Seriously, if you get there at noon, you'll see me pulling away.

I'll be checking my PMs as well as this thread periodically. Also, my cell# is located on the invoice next to the pick up address. Don't hesitate to call if you get lost or if you're running a few minutes late. I'm not necessarily trying to hang around until 1pm, but at the same time I don't mind hanging around for a little bit if your trip met an unforeseen bump in the road.

I know that some of you are traveling a pretty good distance. I'll work with you guys anyway I can.

-Dylan

Just show up between store hours, which is 7am - 11:59am. Seriously, if you get there at noon, you'll see me pulling away.

I'll be checking my PMs as well as this thread periodically. Also, my cell# is located on the invoice next to the pick up address. Don't hesitate to call if you get lost or if you're running a few minutes late. I'm not necessarily trying to hang around until 1pm, but at the same time I don't mind hanging around for a little bit if your trip met an unforeseen bump in the road.

I know that some of you are traveling a pretty good distance. I'll work with you guys anyway I can.

-Dylan

DMace:

I mentioned in this thread back when it was started that I would be available to help sort/stack/etc if needed since I live relatively closeby. Do you think a hand would be worthwhile or are you just going to divvy up the goods as each person comes in?

Back