Pennsylvania Pittsburgh water Quality report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Wyatt

Reaction score
The more i brew the more i want to perfect my craft. With that being said i have been trying to pay more attention to he water i have been adding to my beer. I live on the North Side of Pittsburgh. i have read the Water report and honestly i couldn't understand a thing. So does anyone have this report broke down into water report for dummys version. Also i must mention im using a Brita water filter.

Man, how I envy you. Taking me back to my hometown...not the North Side, but Pittsburgh. Grand parents lived in the North Side.
Im actually a transplant. I'm originally from Chicago. Been here almost 10 yrs now.

When I was in Pittsburgh we had very hard water.

You must, must, visit the Penn Brewery.
Been there!! very nice place. There are many around the northside and surrounding areas now. Southern Tier is down by the stadiums. 412, War Streets, ACB brewing. Lincoln Avenue Brewing in Bellevue is really good as well.

Back