Pittsburgh Bottle Shops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
Hello,

Are there any bottle shops in Pittsburgh? I will be staying tonight and would like to get some beer for the weekend.

There may be a few, but bottle shops are usually hard to come by in PA. Your best bet is to find a bar that does take out or just buy a case from a distributor.

Where are you in PGH?

D's Dogs has a great selection. http://www.regentsquare.net/ds6pax.html they also have a shop in Monroeville. Giant Eagle Market District and some of the newer Market Baskets have a decent inventory as well.

Depending where you are, you might be close to a brewery or brew pub that sells.

We're staying there tonight downtown and heading to Seven Springs area tomorrow. Wanted to get some beers to take there for the weekend.

Seven Springs? I'm sorry, hehe.

I'm not real familiar with downtown or the South Side area, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Church brew Works is very close to DT, definitely a great brewpub to hit and they sell bottles, growlers and 5L minis on premises. http://www.churchbrew.com/ Depending which way you are leaving, Full Pint Brewery http://www.fullpintbrewing.com/ is on Rt. 30 in North Versailles, they open at 5 tonight. Growlers and bottles available there as well.

There are two distributors right by 7S, but that will be full cases only. One is right on Route 30 East before you turn onto 711. Sarnelli's Market is the 2nd one right on the corner of 711 and 31. The beer distributor is underneath the market and they usually have a decent craft selection.

6 packs and singles in PA are pretty expensive. Just about every good distributor sells Penn, Church and Full Pint by the case and they all have variety packs. Cases average $35 here for local craft beer. D's Dogs has an impressive beer cave of singles, but Church is closer to DT, only a few minutes past the strip district.

Fatheads on the southside. On the southside there are numerous bars to hit. Some people even attempt the southside crawl.

Anyway, Fatheads has the mix an match 6 pack thing. Last time I was there they has some DFH World Wide Stout available. Pretty decent prices and way killer food. I love going to Fatheads.

Yeah there are a few, not sure of too many downtown tho...there is a newer Sharp Edge downtown (near the fishmarket, not sure exaclty where) that specializes in Belgains. They're a bar, but should have beer to go (and have a great happy hour spcial of half off all belgain drafts from like 4-6). You'd probably want to drive to D's Dogs as mentioned. Also I beleive there is a good distributer on the road up to Seven Springs (after the turnpike, behind the general store that is on your left after you make that first right turn) although i could be completely wrong on that.

Id also suggest fatheads in the south side. If you are in monroeville someone mentioned D's. Right down the hill from them is the Gateway grill. They have a great selection and their food is better than D's. Not sure which way you are going from the city to seven springs but you could take the parkway to monroeville grab some lunch and beer then jump on the turnpike to donegal.

www.gatewaygrill.net

Yeah there are a few, not sure of too many downtown tho...there is a newer Sharp Edge downtown (near the fishmarket, not sure exaclty where) that specializes in Belgains. They're a bar, but should have beer to go (and have a great happy hour spcial of half off all belgain drafts from like 4-6). You'd probably want to drive to D's Dogs as mentioned. Also I beleive there is a good distributer on the road up to Seven Springs (after the turnpike, behind the general store that is on your left after you make that first right turn) although i could be completely wrong on that.
That's sarnellis on the corner of 31 & 711. The distributor is around back below the market. Best place up there for craft beer. The other place concentrates more on bmc.

Fatheads is a good choice, but SUPER crowded. Also, Sharp Edge is awesome too.

If you're going from downtown to 7 springs, you'll be taking 376east to get on the turnpike on the Monroeville exit. You'll be going past http://www.ds6pax.com

It's been a long time since i've been there, but i remember them having a reasonable selection and it's right on your way. Its a shame your logistics will prevent you from going to beer nutz, or the Pittsburgh Bottle Shop Cafe, because those are probably the best.

Thanks for all the suggestions; got a pretty good taste of Pittsburgh in my 15 hours there. Primanti Brothers for dinner Thursday and DeLucas for breakfast Friday. Checked out the strip district for an hour or two and headed out of town. Ended up going to D's for some beer.

Back