Pitching sacch yeast before lambic blend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbeerbeer123

Reaction score
I am curious would pitching sacch yeast like T58 and fermenting for 2 weeks, then pitching lambic blend cause any problems?

No.

Lots of people do it that way, many pitch the bugs up-front.

If i am not mistaken it produced a less sour beer pitching sacch first correct?..Anyway reason i dont want to just pitch the WY lambic is i do not brew sours in my regular gear and have a 5 gallon carboy sitting around that i am willing to dedicate to this sour..I was hesitant to brew a sour but i have some 2 row and flaked wheat sitting around why not give it a shot.. im gonna forget about it for a year anyway..so my plan is to turbid mash,ferment 2 weeks with t58 rack to dedicated carboy pitch bugs and let her rip for a year..Then i want to rack to keg with campden tablet to stop the souring and kill the bugs,back sweeten with cherry juice and force carbonate..Im shooting for a more sweet lindemans Kriek..and pitch a new batch on the cake and start her up again..Am i on the right track?

Back