Piss beer? Beer with pee in it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crashbuster

Reaction score

Ok so here is a link of a small busness useing human pee to make there beer and apparently it is really good
I was talking to some guys from New Zealand last night and there were telling me that there friend is collecting there piss from the piss beer there were drinking so he can brew some more 23 leter batches with extract brewing
They did not know the prosses
but were very happy with the results
Somthing about natural sanitation is all they know
Does anyone know the prosses?

Well it is gross, but urine from healthy individuals is sterile (clean catch helps to keep it clean) and contains “yeast nutrients” if I’m not mistaken... I’m making turkey soup now and don’t feel like surfing to confirm, but you can if you want to.
Edit:I decided to watch the vid it appears the urine is used as fertilizer which makes this a click bait title.

Last edited:
if you send me a few bags of malt, and a bucket with a return shipping label....i'll fill the bucket for you, and send it back?

it might have some off-flavors though, i drink a few cups of coffee everyday also....

what happened to the post about fertilizer? i thought someone pointed that out about this?

as far as i know they make compost for gardens in my city from the sewage, and yard waste....

Back