Pin Lock - Air Disconnect Not Locking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opXus

Reaction score
I put my 3rd keg into my new keezer, and am having some trouble.

I have PIN LOCK kegs, and when i slide the air disconnect onto the keg, it goes on ok, however i cannot get the collar to "lock" on. So I cannot carb or serve. If I hold the disconnect down I can get beer through the line.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

opXus

There are some pin lock posts that have a very slightly longer distance between the top of the post and bottom of the pins such that it requires a bit of extra downward force in order to get the disconnect collar to rotate and lock on to the pins. See if this is your problem. Another possibility is that one of the pins is bent down which would keep the disconnect collar from being able to rotate as well.

There are some pin lock posts that have a very slightly longer distance between the top of the post and bottom of the pins such that it requires a bit of extra downward force in order to get the disconnect collar to rotate and lock on to the pins. See if this is your problem. Another possibility is that one of the pins is bent down which would keep the disconnect collar from being able to rotate as well.

Just tried to connect again, I am guessing that one of the pins may be bent. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or what is the solution to drinking the beer in the keg?

Not exactly sure what I did, but I got it on.

Kind of had to push down VERY hard, and sort of rocked the disconnect.

All I know is that it is finally on air carbing now!

Back