Pilsner Urquell Homebrew Contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed on 5/7, and it stayed in the primary for 4 weeks. Then I lagered at 35 degrees / 8 psi for 4 weeks. Turned up to 12 psi for another 4 weeks, then bottled the day before the comp.

I brewed mine on Memorial day! I used WLP800 as well. 4 weeks at 50F (after 2 days at 48) then kegged, then 10 days at ~68 F as my chiller was full. Then ~3 weeks at 35F and then bottled and kept in the fridge for 10 days prior to the event.

I brewed mine on Memorial day! I used WLP800 as well. 4 weeks at 50F (after 2 days at 48) then kegged, then 10 days at ~68 F as my chiller was full. Then ~3 weeks at 35F and then bottled and kept in the fridge for 10 days prior to the event.

Have you gotten any details on your trip yet? How long is it for? I am so jealous. Be sure to post lots of pictures when you get back.

My Pilsner is now long gone. I won't have a chance to try a rebrew until mid-November.

We leave this Sat. and come back on Thurs. I don't have all of the details yet, but we get Sun + part of Mon to ourselves (with our friend from Prague!) then we head to Plzen on Tues for our private tour, then back to Prague Wed. afternoon for a big party, and then flay home Thurs.

We'll take plenty of photos

Just read this entire thread. What a great story! Grats to everyone, enjoy the trip. Was in Czech Republic back in '95, awesome place, enjoy!

Back