Pilot Tubing to Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hophazard

Reaction score
I'm using the Honeywell 8200A furnace valve and Honeywell 314A pilot light for my brewstand. What are people using to connect the pilot tubing to the valve? The pilot came with a 3/8" bolt with compression fitting that fits the 1/4" tubing - seems like the same thing would work for the valve. My local Home Depot and Lowes don't seem to carry this. Am I looking in the wrong place or do I have to order it online?

It sounds like you have lost the tube compression fitting with the male threads that goes in the gas valve, the ferrule that is attached is the same as the ones sold with the 1/4" compression fittings in plumbing parts section of the big box stores. Try Ace Hardware or an auto parts store that has the orange and blue "DoorMan" automotive part drawers, hopefully the ones with tubing fittings they sell will have what you need.
For tubing you can use 1/4" soft copper, or the 1/4" aluminum tubing that is sometimes found at the big box places.

This is probably what you need http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/Inverted_Flare_Tube_Nut_Brass_p/3100.htm

Back