Pictures of Bugs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Just for your general amusement, here are my 3 bugged batches that I have going right now. The first is the oude kriek that I brewed last August. It's a lambic right now, technically, but I'll add oregon puree cherries in a couple months:

kriek.jpg

Next is my second Flanders Red. I racked the one I did last July to the keg last weekend, so last Monday, I brewed up another and transferred right from the kettle to the old nasty bug-filled carboy from the last one. It's really taken off over the last 24 hours...

red.jpg

Lastly, I brewed a berlinerweisse on Friday, ended up pitching less than half a vial of lactobacillus D. into it, but apparently, that was all it needed. It's somewhere in the 80's right now...my fermometer only goes to 78f. I never expected all that co2 production from the lacto...looks like a normal krausen to me!

bw.jpg

Anyway, that is all...

thanks for the pics. Looks like fun. I'm REALLY wanting to a "bugged batch" but i feel i need to do some reading on em first.

Latest posts

Back