Pics of the brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thezepster

Reaction score
Just thought I would share some pictures with you guys and gals that I took yesterday while brewing.

Mashing in

Stirring the mash

The mash

Sparging

The brewhouse

The full casks from last batch

Weighing the hops

Shoveling the spent grain

The harvested yeast that's about to be pitched

Pitching the yeast

Wow, I thought we had it bad having to spray the lauter tun out because the rakes don't push all the grain out. Shoveling all the spent grain? Hard-effing-core.

Wow, I thought we had it bad having to spray the lauter tun out because the rakes don't push all the grain out. Shoveling all the spent grain? Hard-effing-core.

Ya im lucky enough to be the assistant for an old school brewer.

@Dallasdb; we dont use a stirplate. That yeast was harvested from the bottom of the last batch. We use open fermenters so we literally just shovel it into the bucket and stick it in the fridge.

Man, that's sweet.

Kinda raises the bar a bit for us who want to put a 10 gallon system in our garage.

It's a great pub and your a lucky *** to get a job there :D Me and the wife met you for the Nerdherder launch the other night, good to see our favourite pub is maintaining it's employment standards ;)

Mark
:mug:

Back