Picobrew Z

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished my second brew on the Z last night, and once again - almost spot on for 65% efficiency with no changes to my setup. It will probably be a few weeks before I brew again, but I'm going to see about tightening the gap on my mill slightly and see what impact that has.

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 8.34.12 PM.png Kolsch Gravity.jpg

I asked them about the rebate. Here's what they said:

We are still finalizing our internal process for accepting returns and issuing rebate checks. Once we launch the program officially, we'll invite you to return your Zymatic. We'll cover shipping costs in the contiguous U.S., and we'll provide the shipping labels.

Once we receive your machine, we'll issue a rebate check in the amount of $600 for your Zymatic.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. When we launch the rebate program officially, you will definitely hear from us with all of the details needed to submit your return and request a rebate. Return labels and rebates will be honored after your Z has been delivered

Anyone notice the "Z" sale?

A Z, Pico C, and a Pico Still for $2199.

If they are marketing the Z, they must be confident about filling the Launch Day orders.

Would be nice of them to fill existing backlog before advertising these combos. Money must be tight...

Anyone downgrading from z2 to z1? Again I hope picobrew ultimately changes the product to what it is-stackable units. Would love for my z2 to really be two completely independent units instead of being linked to my account as a single unit. Want the flexibility to downsize easily in the future if I find that running 2 separate units is cumbersome.

If Brewie would have increased their reliability I would have jumped ship a while ago.

So from what I am hearing from other locations, it looks like the Z2s will start shipping the end of this week at some point. We are all hoping that is accurate, Mine is scheduled to ship in 2 weeks so hopefully we will start to hear and see more about the larger units soon.... Not holding my breath though.

Anyone ask if these "bigger" units actually come with 1 or 2 serial numbers? As I have a Z1 coming... eventually and in the future if I wanted to upgrade it would essentially be buying another Z1 or as I was told "paying slightly less" to upgrade to a Z2, but think that was when they weren't two separate units stacked.

With the weekly promotions on the Pico C + Pico Z1 bundle I'm going out on a limb and guessing Pico is in need of some cash... Wondering if with all the shuffling and delays how many initial preorder funders have since backed out.

I requested a refund on my Z2 yesterday. I feel like I have been patient, but it has taken far too long, and I'm still a month out from my estimated ship date. Anyone have an idea as to how long I might have to wait to hear from someone?

Folks reported getting a response within a day, they will offer you some swag to stay in line, but if you cancel, your refund is usually pretty quick in coming.

Back at Thanksgiving (start of the delays) I know see folks were offered a second keg (valued at $149.99 in Pico store) to hang on a bit longer. Not sure what else was handed out, but I'm sure there were other offers not talked about here essentially to keep your money interest free a bit longer.

I'm close to 24 hours from with no response to my cancellation request.

I nearly cancelled a few weeks ago and there was no incentives offered, if mine gets delayed further than I am cancelling as well.

They certainly are taking their time responding to me. I dug up a phone number and got a helpful message that they are not equipped to offer phone support. Not regretting my decision at this point. Kind of regretting that I sold my gas fired BRUTUS type system to finance it.

Yea, well despite what some folks say...their support is a C at best and it's times like this that prove my point. Get a refund and buy a Brew-Boss....problem solved.

I had preordered a Z2 a year ago. I backed out this past December. My refund hit my account in under a week.

It was a good concept, but I just couldn’t wait.

I wonder if anyone has a Z2 review up now

I had preordered a Z2 a year ago. I backed out this past December. My refund hit my account in under a week.

It was a good concept, but I just couldn’t wait.

I wonder if anyone has a Z2 review up now
The z2 hasn't even shipped yet so no reviews yet.

I requested a refund on my Z2 yesterday. I feel like I have been patient, but it has taken far too long, and I'm still a month out from my estimated ship date. Anyone have an idea as to how long I might have to wait to hear from someone?

I had a response in a day or two, they asked if there was anything that could be done to keep my order. I said there was not. I had refund a few days later and purchase a Brewie that was delivered about 10 days or so from when I cancelled. I have since brewed 7 times and planning on an 8th this weekend or Monday. All the kinks it had when I received it have been worked out and I couldn't be happier. Software is being updated on a regular basis and you don't have to have an internet connection to brew. Automated water fill and wort cooling only adds to the convenience of the machine.

This morning, I sent a message via Facebook messenger and got a response quickly. I gave them my email and order number and was told I would receive an email today, which I did around lunch time. Order is being cancelled. Hope someone gets their Z2 a bit more quickly as a result.

Well my z2 status is changed to "in shipping queue" so z2s must be shipping very soon.

I was #2 in queue on the z2 with emails indicating shipment this week.
UPS lists 7 packages total on the shipment! Delivery scheduled for Thursday

1 year and 2 months after you started this thread you are finally going to get your machine.... damn! You do have a lot of patience. I only hope it turns out to be worth the wait.

1 year and 2 months after you started this thread you are finally going to get your machine.... damn! You do have a lot of patience. I only hope it turns out to be worth the wait.
I doubt they would have sold many machines if they had been honest about where it was in the development cycle. They would have been better off in terms of goodwill being honest and open about things. My guess that I am pulling straight from my arse based on the number of people I've heard cancelling is they lost a lot of orders in the end.

Any update on your Z2? And how did you get your shipping status? (I only see it in email, which says Target Ship Week: 2019-04-13).

Anyone with Z1 have updated thoughts to share? Are you happy with the device (especially vs. Zymatic)?

Any update on your Z2? And how did you get your shipping status? (I only see it in email, which says Target Ship Week: 2019-04-13).

Anyone with Z1 have updated thoughts to share? Are you happy with the device (especially vs. Zymatic)?
It shipped last week Friday but weather delays the last 2 days from this wonderful MN snow storm, so UPS won't deliver until Monday

Z2 delivered today. Packages are marked 1-3 for the 2 z1 units and a package 4 of a power adapter. Hope to get it out together later tonight.

How did you know you were queued to ship? Do they send separate emails with updated status? It's been a few weeks since their last update.

How did you know you were queued to ship? Do they send separate emails with updated status? It's been a few weeks since their last update.

For me with the Z1, at least, I had emailed them once my shipping week was just about over and asked. They confirmed the status at that point, and suggested that it would ship out the following week. They then ended up sending across tracking numbers that evening.

I was told from emails I was #2 in queue. I also received an email with shipping notification.

Thanks @Goblism! When was your ship date in the emails? Mine says week of 4/20 which is almost here but I have not had an update from them in over 3 weeks. But at least we have a confirmed Z2 shipment now which is good. Look forward to seeing updates.

Just about any other inconvenience is worth the final fix of the advanced editor recipe wipe, but I do agree with you on the clicking. Recipe must have at least one fermentable but you start with 0 fields and have to click to add one? Sloppy. The ingredient search does seem a little less finicky which is nice. My only real complaint is just a personal preference on layout. I'd like Malt/Boil Hops/Yeast at the top with a default 60m boil instead of needing to scroll past the water amendments section that I do outside of the crafter, and stuff the whirlpool hops/other additions that I rarely use in a brew and also just do outside of the crafter. The chronological order makes sense but it feels pretty clunky to me. It'd also be nice if it was able to use space a bit more efficiently on wider monitors. Between the left and right margins I'm already only using about half the usable space, and then even more of that is taken up by an almost entirely worthless Grain/Hop bills visualization.

Back