PicoBrew Pico users

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you might be surprised at how quickly they send. With tthe Inbev investment, they are looking longterm. I do not believe near term profit is an issue. They want to dominate the market. Growth is more important than profit to them right now.

You seem to know a lot more about this than I do. How big an investment did ABI make?

You seem to know a lot more about this than I do. How big an investment did ABI make?

I am still waiting to see what ABI and Keurig Green mountain will do about their automated machine they talked about. Technically it's a Pico competitor from their press statement.

I doubt Avi or the Mitchells would say the stake they sold.

Denny, will you be judge @ the HBL ?

I plan to stay to a steady 4 packs a month.. I figure 2 every two weeks... at least for the start.. the same night that I brew the second pack.. I will be ordering the next two... that is why I back for the year...

On the KS it was suggested one could have a que of picopaks in thier account. As soon as PB detects you brewed two, the next two packs in your que would ship . PB responded it was a good idea they would look to implement.

I'm not under an unlimited plan and I ordered two picopaks on 6/28, they still haven't shipped. I'm in no real rush I guess, but they did charge me. Unacceptable lag time if they are charging at ordering instead of at shipping.

Get in line with the rest of us. Not sure what's going on but nobody is getting packs right now. I'm guessing they have some sort of supply issue but they haven't said anything.

Agree, a bit disappointed in the picopak shipments thus far, I have a freestyle and a few of their standards on order since 6/27 with no change in status.... purchased one from Amazon which was here in 2 days.

When a company does not have something in stock, I appreciate the transparency when they let me know before ordering that it is out of stock, versus taking my order like everything is okay and then not speaking to me at all, even 10 days later, about why it has not shipped.

This will be a MAJOR scalability issue for them, e whole system depends upon using their proprietary paks so if they stumble here, it's all over essentially.

And honestly, before selling unlimited subscriptions for oaks, they should have figured out how to make, inventory, and ship packs at very high volumes. It seems like they are struggling with regular 1-2 orders. Not a good sign.

I'm a little less worried than that. My "guess" would be they have a supplier issue like pulp the packs are made from. I do agree some communication about the issue would be nice. When they have everything needed they can pump out some packs.

My point is, how do you go into a massive fundraiser selling unlimited packs and not resolve any potential supplier issues. Good companies have their act together and account for supplier issues through inventory management. I'm a bit concerned they are not properly distributing their capital to ensure hockey stick growth.

Pico is a pretty large paperweight without picopaks - it is the equivalent of buying a car but not being able to get gas.

I have to agree. Placed an order on June 27th and still says "shipping" and I know when it actually ships it will take a week for it to arrive. I'm not in a hurry since I'm fermenting something right now but most online companies ship within 48 hours. This is disappointing that they are sooo slow.

most companies who dont ship in 24-48 hours loose their merchant accounts pretty quick due to cancellations. They are lucky they have a loyal customer base otherwise this would get very ugly. I am one of those loyal guys because once you experience their customer service you are willing to give them a pass on some hiccups. But I agree they haven't managed this well mostly due to lack of communication and it is very disappointing.

My point is, how do you go into a massive fundraiser selling unlimited packs and not resolve any potential supplier issues. Good companies have their act together and account for supplier issues through inventory management. I'm a bit concerned they are not properly distributing their capital to ensure hockey stick growth.

Pico is a pretty large paperweight without picopaks - it is the equivalent of buying a car but not being able to get gas.

To be fair, nobody is on unlimited right now. They won't start that until they are back up and running. The supplier issue is just an educated guess, they have had a pulp shortage once in the past. It could also be something like rebuilding the production line to increase capacity. My only issue is the lack of communication, I've learned to be patient with Picobrew but they are usually better at communicating than this. Last kickstarter had weekly updates.

Actually, there's a story about how I ended up with London ale. :(

I received my Pico with only the buffalo sweat, which I promptly placed in my beer fridge on the outdoor patio to brew over the weekend. Well couple days later my gas grill decided to burn down my outdoor patio along with said fridge and Pico pak! I wrote to picobrew explaining my sad story and asked if they could ship me a Pico pak quickly if I purchased from marketplace. I needed a stress relieving brew day bad! Well they overnighted me the London ale for free, which was one of my selections for the thirsty early bird, awesome service. I am still due 7 more kickstarter paks, I am not sure if anyone is receiving these yet? I would prefer to receive them a couple at a time every few weeks ideally, not sure what their plan is though. I have since ordered and received buffalo sweat and the Harlem wit from the brew marketplace. Plan on brewing sweat tomorrow!

So sorry to hear about the patio. Glad no one was hurt.

How did you get 8 kickstarrter picopaks? But two Pico Cs?

So sorry to hear about the patio. Glad no one was hurt.

How did you get 8 kickstarrter picopaks? But two Pico Cs?

Lol that's an OLD post. I was in the original Pico kickstarter in 2015. On that kickstarter we got 3 picopacks with our Pico, and there was a $100 add on for 5 more. That's was many Pico packs ago, I think im ~35 brewed right now.

While I agree that PicoBrew should let outstanding orders know what the hick-up is; we can try to guess and rationalize until we're blue in the face: we should wait for their comments, we have no clue what is creating the hold. They typically make it right.

Has anyone opened a ticket?

Everyone getting same generic response. We can't ship your pack at this time and we don't know exactly when we can.

I placed an order on 7/2 that will be delivered on Monday. I wonder if its specific packs that are the problem? I ordered Brulosopher's Brown Ale and Max Nix.

I ordered a freestyle pack on 6/30 and it shipped on 7/7, due to be delivered on the East coast 7/14. Not bad considering the weekend and holiday were in there between when I ordered and when it shipped.

Almost sounds like a machinery/production issue. I hope it's nothing serious. We are getting thirsty. Amazon is affected as well it looks like.

I ordered a freestyle pack on 6/30 and it shipped on 7/7, due to be delivered on the East coast 7/14. Not bad considering the weekend and holiday were in there between when I ordered and when it shipped.

What yeast did your freestyle come with.

What yeast did your freestyle come with.

My freestyle is due to be delivered in a couple of days. But when I created it the default yeast was U-05 there were no other choices. I plan a liquid yeas t with my freestyle.

Ok just trying to see if yeast is the common factor. Most packs I've seen people receive shipping recently have been non 05 packs, but never mind that.

I will let you know if it something different. My freestyle was based off their American IPA recipe. I changed the grains and hops based on a Two Hearted Clone recipe. The grains weren't an exact match. Two Hearted is however a single hopped IPA with centennial which they had. It was free so I thought I would give it a shot.

1) I placed an order on 7/5/17 for the Chin curtain IPA and Morai IPA and expected delivery is 7/11/17.
2) I enquired about Brewunlimited and was emailed the following reply on 7/3/17:

“We are expected to launch BrewUnlimited in the next 2 weeks so stay tuned for more information on how to activate, etc. Please note that you can activate any time between the launch and December 31, 2017. Please let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime. Cheers! Saloni”

3)I am currently fast fermenting 2 Half-squeezed IPAs. One using 1 tsp Danstar Nottingham Ale Dry Yeast. Second using ½ tsp the supplied US05 yeast. Both were dry pitched directly into the wort without using a starter. Both will be fermented for 12 days at room temperature (about 75 degrees in my Indiana basement), with dry hops being added on the 8th day of fermentation, and then cold crashed for 2 days on day 13, then racked and force carbed for 36 hours at 30 psi in the serving keg.

I will let you know how the IPAs turn out using the 2 different yeasts. I am a bit apprehensive about fast fermentation and fermenting at my room temperature of 75 degrees for IPAs. I will definitely repeat this experiment using a thermoelectric wine cooler as a fermentation chamber set to 64 degrees to see if there is a difference.

1) I placed an order on 7/5/17 for the Chin curtain IPA and Morai IPA and expected delivery is 7/11/17.
2) I enquired about Brewunlimited and was emailed the following reply on 7/3/17:

“We are expected to launch BrewUnlimited in the next 2 weeks so stay tuned for more information on how to activate, etc. Please note that you can activate any time between the launch and December 31, 2017. Please let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime. Cheers! Saloni”

3)I am currently fast fermenting 2 Half-squeezed IPAs. One using 1 tsp Danstar Nottingham Ale Dry Yeast. Second using ½ tsp the supplied US05 yeast. Both were dry pitched directly into the wort without using a starter. Both will be fermented for 12 days at room temperature (about 75 degrees in my Indiana basement), with dry hops being added on the 8th day of fermentation, and then cold crashed for 2 days on day 13, then racked and force carbed for 36 hours at 30 psi in the serving keg.

I will let you know how the IPAs turn out using the 2 different yeasts. I am a bit apprehensive about fast fermentation and fermenting at my room temperature of 75 degrees for IPAs. I will definitely repeat this experiment using a thermoelectric wine cooler as a fermentation chamber set to 64 degrees to see if there is a difference.

Well I'm truly confused how some packs are shipping quick and others are waiting. Glad some are getting shipped.

Good luck on your test. I've done the same a few times with 05 and 001, results are very different. I have never used that danstar yeast, interested to hear your opinion.

The only option for yeast in the freestyle packs is US-05. I'll probably pitch with some 1318 though that I have in a starter.

Ok, it's been quite a while since I've messed with the freestyle. I know in the past there were a few Ale options and a lager option.

*Edit*
I just played with the freestyle for a few minutes. It's not easy to navigate on my phone, but there are at least 5 different yeasts available in the freestyle builder, based on starting style.

Those looking for pico packs go to best buy but first get the coupon code for 20% off then just pick up in store. You can do a google search and find it.
My local store had 5 available, 3 were out of stock. Cant beat the price and you can get them today. I also received a coupon in the mail for $10 off that i used as well. I bought all 5. If you want to buy a pico brew you can also use the code for that.

jrb03 I have built an IPA and Stout and I must have missed the choice because it only showed US05. Is it the other styles you are referring to

To be clear about best buy you need to buy them online to use the coupon code then just select store pick up

jrb03 I have built an IPA and Stout and I must have missed the choice because it only showed US05. Is it the other styles you are referring to

Ya it's based on style, no options. I would want S04 over US05 in my porter but this freestyle builder doesn't give me that option, even though S04 is available for "summer Ale." Doesn't make much sense.

Does anybody have any experience using whirfloc tabs in the Pico? If so, what do you advise? I am thinking about dropping a quarter tab into the brewing keg at the very end of the cycle.

Does anybody have any experience using whirfloc tabs in the Pico? If so, what do you advise? I am thinking about dropping a quarter tab into the brewing keg at the very end of the cycle.

I've done it once. Not sure it helped much. My brews are pretty clear with a good cold crash, but wanted my lager to be super clear. It was about like the rest. It's cheap and won't hurt give it a shot, just don't use the whole tablet! I used about 1/4.

Back