Picking up my keg fridge tomorrow...how should I pimp it out???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayInUT

Reaction score
I finally found a fridge in the classifieds for $50 that is super clean. Getting a beer fridge from someone in Provo, Utah. How classic is that? I'm thinking that I want to put four taps on the front. Any tips? It's just a basic Hotpoint fridge with a freezer on top (for glassess and hops).

make sure you drill the tap holes low enough so the freezer can open without hitting the tap handles! if you have to move it on its side get it back upright asap and then let it settle overnight before plugging it back in.

Or some folks fix the freezer and fridge doors together to open both at the same time. This way the taps can be mounted high up on the fridge door.

Downside is both doors open together as one unit.

Where will it be located? Garage / man cave or living room / den? Garage or man cave is anything goes. Living room or den is going to get unwanted input from a wife or girlfriend.

Would keeping dead hookers in the freezer be pimp?

make sure you drill the tap holes low enough so the freezer can open without hitting the tap handles! if you have to move it on its side get it back upright asap and then let it settle overnight before plugging it back in.
Yeah, I've ruined a fridge before by putting it on it's side. We'll be using my sister-in-law's horse trailer to pick it up. Thanks for the advice though. Lot's of people don't know that you should NEVER put a fridge on it's side!

You want Pimp? Purple velvet and leopard print.
Make sure you get enough beer line and clean it often.
Leopard print and velvet would be cool but it's just going to be in the garage. I see you are in Japan. We had an exchange student from Yokohama move in next door yesterday. Next month two Brazilian female college students move in! WOW!!!:ban:

What about faucets? I mostly brew Belgian ales and IPAs so I don't think I need too much. I just want something affordable and that looks decent. NO MORE PICNIC TAPS!

If you like Belgian beers, definitely get lots of beer hose. The higher carbonation requires longer tubing when pouring.

You could also drape a couple of female exchange students on it... that's Pimp.

I came in from the garage last night after a hard day plasma cutting, grinding and valving 3 kegs for my rims setup to find that all my beer was warm because my "frost free" fridge isn't defrosting properly. While I was in the guts of the thing I reworked the internal airways so the fridge gets most of the cold air and the freezer is more like extra fridge space so now I can fit 6 cornies and co2 in the fridge and bottles up top. before it ran just about 24/7, now it gets from 70 to 40 degrees in about 20 min and shuts off. Its a 1982 Montgomery Ward, it needs all the efficiency it can get!

Back