Picked up some great Booze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMG680

Reaction score
I Just got back from a cruise and hit up some islands with great duty free prices. Here is a list of what I was able to pick up cheap.

Johnny Walker Blue Label

Highland Park 25

Jameson 12 Special Reserve

Jameson 18 Limited Reserve

Crown Royal XR

Looks like some good drinking for me to come for the next few years.....

How much you pay if you don't mind?

Not at all

Johnny Walker Blue Label $110

Highland Park 25 $115

Jameson 12 Special Reserve $20

Jameson 18 Limited Reserve $35

Crown Royal XR $95

So $370 then with all I got a bit off down to $350, no tax.

Just checked your profile and saw you are USAF. I am glad you got to take a cruise and have a nice vacation. Thanks for all you guys do!

I love scotch (usually single malt, but jw blue is damn fine) and crown XR. I need to take a cruise! Great selection all around

Is the Crown XR noticeably different/better than the original? Hard to swallow the additional cost w/o tasting first.

the Special Reserve and XR are both better than the original.

they also make a cask 16, but i have not had that.

If you like crown and want to step it up but not fork out the cash for XR try the Special Reserve you should be able to find a bottle for around $50, I have never seen the XR in stores i usually have my stepfather pick me up a bottle when he goes into canada for work (duty free :) )

Is the Crown XR noticeably different/better than the original? Hard to swallow the additional cost w/o tasting first.

I hate Crown, I don't like the smell, or the taste. This XR is so much better. It smells like a good whiskey, and the taste is almost nothing like the original. I may get a bottle of SR just to try it and see if the taste is some place in the middle. I have not seen the Cast 16, but it is listed as better than the SR, and below the XR.

Back