• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado pH meters/ refractometer / specific gravity meter / hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad2287

Reaction score
I am selling several items I either no longer use, am upgrading, or have a surplus of.

$150 Mettler Toledo DA-110 Specific gravity meter 0 - 2 g/ml with manual and carrying case.
Measures by oscillating body.
In the picture you can see the meter measuring a DI water sample at 1.000 and a 10 degree plato solution at 1.0400.

$300 lab grade Fisher scientific Accumet pH meter with Thermoscientific 9172BNWP +/- 0.02 electrode and temp/ATC probe. The electrode is used but is still very stable and has been well maintained. Includes 60 ml Ag/AgCl reference electrode filling solution.

$10 VWR brand 1.000 - 1.220 300 mm hydrometer with 1.002 graduations.

$10/lb I also have 4 lbs of summit hops that I am looking to sell. I have eight lbs total and really don't need that much.

I am willing to sell these or trade for the following.
80 or 100 qt concord pot or similar.
March or chugger pump
1/2 inch 50 ft stainless herms coil or immersion chiller.

I am willing to ship but would prefer local pickup. Buyer pays for shipping. I can help explain how to use the Accumet pH meter or I am sure a manual can be found online. If you have any further questions let me know. I am in South East Denver and apparently need to update my location.

da110.jpg

1.0000.jpg

1.0400.jpg

ph meter.jpg

electrode.jpg

Will take the Leica refractometer. I will pm you this afternoon to get payment details. I'm local (Congress Park 8th and Colorado)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If the refractometer didn't sell, I'll take it.
Also, want a # of the hops for sure - just let me know shipping price to 43537, and let me know where you want me to send payment!

Refractometer and 1 lb of hops sold.

Sent from my EVO using Home Brew mobile app

Can you tell me more about the mettler Toledo density meter? Is there anything that makes it better/more accurate than a traditional refractometer or a digital refractometer?

Can you tell me more about the mettler Toledo density meter? Is there anything that makes it better/more accurate than a traditional refractometer or a digital refractometer?

A refractometer measures the refractive index of a liquid. This works great in hombrewing when taking the original gravity. The problem is final gravity. The ethanol in solution is an interferent and causes false readings. There are ways to attempt to compensate for this but they tend to be some what inaccurate.

The specific gravity meter measures density and is more like a hydrometer than a refractometer. It measures the density of the liquid and then takes into account the density of water at the same temperature. The advantages over a hydrometer are smaller sample size (~10 ml) and also being automatically temperature compensated to some extent. It still has a max temp of 50 degrees Celsius so boiling wort is likely to cause damage. It will give you actual density or specific gravity and also temp compensated density or specific gravity to 20 degrees Celsius. A numerical display is also easier to read than a manual refractometer or a hydrometer.

Hope that helps.

Price drop
pH meter 200
Specific gravity meter 100

Hops leaf or pellet? $10 shipped?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

Pellets and 10 plus shipping. Not really worth selling otherwise. If you want the remaining three pounds I would do thirty and cover shipping.

Pellets and 10 plus shipping. Not really worth selling otherwise. If you want the remaining three pounds I would do thirty and cover shipping.

hm, thinking about it. How are they packaged?

They are vacuum sealed using a foodsaver and stored in the freezer. I have seven pounds total but only looking to sell 3 to 4 more. They are one or two pound packages.

Everything is now sold. If the mods could remove this thread it would be appreciated.

Back