Persimmon Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardallensanders

Reaction score
During the later part of last year my cousin and I harvested persimmons for pudding. While I was looking for a recipe to make it, I came across Euell Gibbons Persimmon Beer recipe.
I used the amount of wheat bran suggested, but in order to get a pone of some consistency to be good I had added about 2 1/2 gallons of persimmon pulp.
The fermentation took place in a canner, covered by a cloth. After pulling off the beer and bottling it, it became apparent that the beer was very cloudy, due to suspensions from the brewing process.
We have determined that the beer needs to be filtered. I see 5 micron, 1 micron and 0.68 micron filters.
My question is, what equipment do I need to force the beer through the filter and add carbon dioxide to give it fizz?
any suggestions are welcomed.

You need a lot more stuff than you probably want to buy. Google beer filter. You need a filter housing, filter pads, CO2 to push the beer through the filter, etc.

Stranger beer recipe. What's it taste like?

Latest posts

Back