"Permananet" mount for Therminator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVD_X

Reaction score
I have seen quite a few folks "permanently" mounting their therminator in position. However, I have noted that in the therminator comes with very specific directions on how the therminator should be used when chilling and this is different from the position it is supposed to be in for cleaning and sanitizing.

I was wondering if you guys have taken this into consideration or just ignored the advice of the manufacturer.

I would think those with brew rigs enjoy having everything compact and in one spot while brewing. I don't have anything to mount a chiller on, but if I did I sure would. It's not going to move around, it's a quick disconnect/connect here/there. You've got your tubing, etc already at the right length, etc. It wouldn't prevent me from breaking everything down and cleaning when done though.

Yea, but the therminator will not drain completely unless put into the cleaning position.

Well, that's my point. Why bother mounting it if you just have to unscrew it?

Post brew, I pack mine with PBW and then acid wash with Acid #5. I rinse and backflush. Pack it with clear water and rest for several minutes while I do something else (there is always something). Then I flush.

Final step is a quick blow out with a compressor. And I take my chilling station indoors when the winter temps get below freezing to be certain.

Pre-chill, I recirculate hot wort for 5 minutes prior to flame out.

Back