Perlick tap question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nystevecf

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know you guys say they are great so I ordered a set and 4" shanks for the keggerator. My question is this what the hell connects the two? I checked different places to see if they sell a seperate piece that joins them but have come up empty. And I know they dont just join end to end.
Thanks for any help.

They join just like any other tap. The spines at the end of the shank fit into the end of the faucet, and the lock nut threads over the flange of the faucet and onto the male threads of the shank to hold the faucet securely to the shank. It should be pretty apparent unless you are missing pieces. You need, a faucet, a shank, and a lock nut.

Straight shanks need additional fittings.

From the MicroMatic site:

Types:
Straight Shank

Requires additional fittings to connect beer line: hex nut (874), tailpiece (related to hose being used), neoprene washer (759) and clamp (related to hose being used).

Nipple Shank

Built-in tailpiece for easy beer line connection, only a clamp required.

Shank with Bent Tube

Utilizes elongated ¼” OD tube extending down through tower into kegerator. Threaded fitting on end allows for easy connection with hex nut and tailpiece inside kegerator.

The faucet and the shank join together with no additional fittings needed (other than needing a faucet wrench to tighten). To connect the beer line to a straight shank you either need the fittings listed by flyangler, or a beer hose that already has the nut attached - Vinyl Beer Line Hose, Brewery Approved.

Back