perlick glycol chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucfanmike

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have a chance to potentially buy this, most likely cheap. Thing is I have to decide by tomorrow and not sure what it does. Does this simply pump chilled glycol to keep lines cool over long runs, or do you run beer thru it to chill before dispensing.

005A.jpg

005B.jpg

Im trying to see what i can find online with the limited info I have, but im betting someone here can give me better info quicker.

Also if i was going to buy it, what do these cost used?

Thanks

If it works and it is cheap buy it. It chills and pumps cold glycol to wherever you want it. A couple friends control their fermenter temperatures with glycol. You can also use it to keep long draft lines cold.

well i bought it.. swmbo is not going to be happy.. no idea what im going to do with it..

anybody looking for one.. lol

Mike in Duluth

well i bought it.. swmbo is not going to be happy.. no idea what im going to do with it..

anybody looking for one.. lol

Mike in Duluth

Well you could jacket your conical to control fermentation temps.

Wait, you don't have a conical? Well since you already have the cooling system you might as well just spring for one, right? I mean you pretty much have to.

All sillyness aside, you could probably rig up a bath for your carboy fairly easily that will allow you to fine tune fermentation temps. I am picturing something like putting the carboy in a cooler full of water, and using a copper coil attached to the chiller to control the water temp.

Well I also have found one of these for cheap...but I already have a 14 cu ft freezer with temp control for fermenting....could i hook this up to a plate chiller or copper coil for wort chilling?? man that would be soooo cool, god I love beer!

Back