Perlick flow control restrictor adjuster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecebruery

Reaction score
Just put some brand new shiny perlick flow control taps on my keezer - hooked up a few kegs today to carbonate, and (I know I know) put them at burst carb pressure (~27psi in a 39F keezer). I accidentally knocked one of the handles on one of the taps while its coupler was hooked up to a keg getting gas at 29psi - naturally, BOOM, it cleaned that tap line out real good.

Unfortunately, I think it also blew out the little torpedo that serves to, well, adjust flow control. Typically, the little handle will rotate between, say, 6 and 10 on the clock (if looking at it from the right hand side, face on); as of now, however, mine rotates from 6 all the way around to nearly 2 or 3. And regardless of the position its in, the beer comes out at the same speed - namely, too fast (even at the proper serving pressure).

I intend to take the tap off and dismantle it when it's not serving as a pressure stop for a carbonating keg (I use sankes, so I can't just unplug the beer line or anything), but for those on this forum who've dismantled one of these and seen its innards, am I screwed? Or did something just pop over a groove inside the body of the faucet or something and I should be able to fix it if I take the time to take it apart?

In case anyone's curious, I took this bad boy apart, and what I thought had happen was indeed what had happened - the body of the tap had become loosened from the shank, and the torpedo that's used to adjust the size of the aperture through which the beer comes was far bigger than it should have been. Tightening the body back on the shank fixed the problem ... in case anyone has a similar one in the future. Cheers!

Back