Perlick flow control and Bev-Seal tubing...major foaming issue. Please help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyishoppy

Reaction score
Recently made the switch from vinyl tubing to Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra Barrier Tubing 3/16" ID. I have a four tap keezer using Perlick 650SS flow control faucets.

With vinyl tubing, I have been able to reasonably balance my lines using online calculators. However, with the Bev-Seal, I am amazed how much less resistance these lines provide when compared to my vinyl tubing (heard about this prior to purchasing, but this tubing doesn't seem to offer much resistance). I've more than doubled my typical line length and am still unable to get an acceptable pour.

Any thoughts or recommendations? Is it possible to have beer line be too long?

Here is my new setup with the Bev-Seal tubing.

Keezer temperature is 39F and have beers ranging from dispensing pressure of 10psi to 18psi.

10psi - 10ft
12psi - 20ft
14psi - 25ft
18psi - 40ft

Thanks for your help.

I have 4 taps (not flow control) and keep my keezer at 35F. All 10'. No problem at all. I have normal vinyl cheap beer line, so maybe I'm no help here.

Is the foamy pour just the first beer from the tap? Temperature stratification in freezer / tap warm?

I have the accu bev seal lines, each about 12 ft. I only have one regulator though for all three taps. I had it set to 12 and got foam... after dialing it back to 10 or so it seems much better. No flow control though. 630s.

Back