Perlick Faucet Leaking at Shank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpsmith78

Reaction score
Hello-

I recently bought some Perlick faucets (630SS) to replace the standard ones on my Edgestar dual tap kegerator. However, when I install them they leak at the shank. Any suggestions on what could be causing this? When I put the old ones on, no leaking at all.

Thanks for the help!

When there's a leak check the gaskets.
I've had problems with my perlicks leaking where the handle comes out of the body. Fortunately I've been able to fix the problem by just replacing both of the gaskets. 2 of the 3 times nobody noticed until a fair amount of beer was lost. I figure I'll just replace them all the gaskets (have 5 taps) in the tap once a year. Pretty cheap to do.

Thanks for the responses. Interestingly I did some further testing and for some reason the faucet grooves do not match up with the shank. Anyone have any issues like this? I guess I need to call the kegerator manufacturer and find out which ones will work?

Back