Perfect Black & Tan in my secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rezilynt

Reaction score
I was just curious as to why my secondary looks like a perfectly poured Black and Tan. I racked to it yesterday and placed it in my garage. It got down in the 40's last night (which I didn't expect).
I know I have a lot of sediment to drop (some of the grain was crushed pretty good), but, can 2.5 gallons clear up that much in 1 night?
I know nothing is wrong, I was just looking for an explanation as previous batches never did this.

Thanks again Bobby - now I know what it is called and that it is actually useful. I guess that may just be another benefit to living in the Pacific NW. :mug:

I had to take it outside for the pic (the house stays pretty dark as I'm surrounded by trees). The top is darker in person and very clear.

B&T.JPG

Wow...that looks like my apfelwein looked after about 2 months...the upper halve was crystal clear, but the bottom was still murky..

OOOHHHH get it out of the sun!!!!! You don't want to skunk it. Unless you're making heineken:D

Back