people with a scale, how many ozs of co2 have you used!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i was just trolling how many gallons brewed, was thinking...why not a how many pounds of co2 used!

i was at 44-5ozs or so earlier, then kegged my oat stout...with purging down to 43 15ozs....steel tank, and my hose runs through the gasket in the door, so it changes everytime it's opened...

my last swap was in july...

I have no idea! After reading some of your posts about how you keep a scale under your tank and I thought about weighing it but I haven’t.

After reading some of your posts about how you keep a scale under your tank

other people have too, and they're only $25. i kinda got the idea from, someone i can't remember their name, that kept their kegs on one in the fridge to monitor how full they were....

but anyway, if you're all not cool enough to do it by ounce....how many tank swaps, and pound tanks "assuming they're even full to capacity...... :mug:

could help some people out that don't even know they have leaks....

(although by the ounce would be cool!! ;))

Maybe once I get some more outlets because there is only 1 in the whole garage! I might consider it, and since I haven’t been brewing I haven’t had a tank swapped in years.

Maybe once I get some more outlets because there is only 1 in the whole garage! I might consider it, and since I haven’t been brewing I haven’t had a tank swapped in years.

damn, when i was 'watching my waist' closer, i remember it was great going years without swapping a tank! now it's about 10 months a 20lb'er

I had a scale once but the doc gave me some ointment and cleared right up. ;)

My 20lb tank lasts about as long yours, something like 10 months. I weigh it when I first get it filled then wait until I see the gauge start to drop to the edge of green to take another measurement. Do some math to see how much I used and guess how long I got left. Normally get to about of pound of the bottom when I refill. Lets call it an ounce a day.

I had a scale once but the doc gave me some ointment and cleared right up. ;)

My 20lb tank lasts about as long yours, something like 10 months. I weigh it when I first get it filled then wait until I see the gauge start to drop to the edge of green to take another measurement. Do some math to see how much I used and guess how long I got left. Normally get to about of pound of the bottom when I refill. Lets call it an ounce a day.

i only use about 2 tenths a day? do you get tanks with a TW stamp? i've only gotten 18lbs in one on a good day....

I refill my own tank and go by the Tare stamped on it. Normally they add 20lb to whatever I have in it, sometime they fill to 20lb over tare.

Forgot I also have a send 10lb tank that last a bit over a year so add another half ounce a day.

well i just purged two kegs, burst carb one with 0.5ozs to purge, 1 oz to burst....

so 1.5ozs

(but it shouldn't be updated unless it's at least an ounce)

my lager cooler 10lber 5/27/21 - 12/21/21, getting close to edge of green had to check to see if is just the weather or it is getting low. 6.68lb rounding to 106.9oz. looks like weather.

2.5 + 106.9 = 109.4

Latest posts

Back