Pearland tx area brewers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a reminder about today...

To get warmed up, I'm going to go mow some grass at my parents house...

hooray!

Mowed the yard yesterday, so I'll be there today.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Leaving now... so I'll be closer to 3.40-3.45.... now i see it is closer to the 288 side.

See ya soon people.

Great. Had a good turn out. Got some good interest in doing some bottle shares and other things. Also sounds like we will be meeting again at Gordon Street in the near future.

Twas a good time.... and I've already forgotten everyone's name.. but I'll remember the faces for next time.

I am totally sorry, I completely forgot about the meet up. With the events at GST I think I worked 80 hours last week, I was dead tired on Sunday, and completely spaced. I will make the next one though.

FYI: Defalco's is opening a location in Clear Lake, catty corner from Molly's in the strip center where 3rd Base is. About 3 blocks from my girlfriends house, so I will keep everyone posted on when it does open. Their website says by the end of May. Several cars and trucks were there on Tuesday and it looked like it will be open very soon!

Chef Jay

Thanks for the info jay.. I made it to the saint arnold event.. Sadly couldn't make the karbach event.. Missed the hop delusion.. Boo!

Yes, let us know when the defalcos opens.. That is great news.

Thanks for the info jay.. I made it to the saint arnold event.. Sadly couldn't make the karbach event.. Missed the hop delusion.. Boo!

Yes, let us know when the defalcos opens.. That is great news.

By "Saint Arnold event" do you mean the BBBB? I was unable to make the event again this year unfortunately. If you did make it, did you catch what next year's style will be?

Thanks!

By "Saint Arnold event" do you mean the BBBB? I was unable to make the event again this year unfortunately. If you did make it, did you catch what next year's style will be?

Thanks!

Sorry, I was speaking about a Saint Arnold event held for Beer Week.... at Gordon Street Tavern in Alvin.

Wish I could be of more help.

Everybody still planning to be at Gordon Street on the 15th? I can't get enough of that place.

My daughter has a soccer tournament that weekend, but there is a good chance her last game will be Sunday morning. It will just depend on how they do.

Side note.... we both are out of school for the summer, so she and I are about to drive up to GST and have a celebratory lunch! Woohoo! :rockin:

I'm going to try to make it on Sunday, don't think I have any other plans yet. Did anyone throw out a time to meet up?

I will try to make it... forgot it is Father's day... so we have family out...

Sorry guys surprise father's day trip. I won't be able to make it. We need to reschedule!

I had some last minute plans come up as well. Should we try to reschedule for another time soon?

agreed. I had a good time at the first one. Maybe plan the next one on a day that has no signifigance.

How about July 13th or July 20th at Gordon Street... both are Sundays...

We could shoot for around 2 or 3 again...

Hmm... the 13th is actually the World Cup Final match... so that might be a busy time... might not be.. depending on who is playing...

Just some thoughts..

Oh.. is the Bay Area Defalco's open yet?

Just looked at DeFalco's site......looks like they are hoping to be open around July 5th... so not too far away...

This is great news for me.... as my son goes to Clear Lake High School.. so I have to head up there fairly regularly... and this will be right on the way home..

Of course it is pretty close to the big Specs on Bay Area also..

For you Pearlanders... the original location is probably an easier drive if you aren't hitting at a high traffic time.

I drove by the new location for Defalco's while my daughter was at the Clear Lake High School soccer camp...

That place isn't close to opening.... there is a bunch of dry wall laid out ready to be put up....

I bet it will be closer to August.

I talked to them a few days ago and they said its the water authority that is holding them up. The water authority thinks they are going to use ton lot of water like a brewery or something

Defalco's website says they have all their permits as of this week, and are now shooting for the 12th.

Clear Lake City Water Authority is a pain in the butt, think homeowners board with WAY more power. *They have pretty much ignored the residents desires regarding the out of business golf course in Clear Lake and are spending a ton of money to "develop" it in a counter productive way. *I digress, but I can totally understand Defalco's frustration with them.

As far as Gordon Street for the 17th, as long as it is in the afternoon, it should be fine. The biggest World Cup crowds have been for the Team USA matches, and they are out. Although, I do not know for sure. Sundays are usually busy at noon and then again at 5-6.

Chef Jay

Sounds good to me. I will have to take some time to visit the new store when it opens. I'm just to close to the orginal one.

If anyone wants the any of the latest divine reserve. The new Heb on Pearland parkway has some bombers in a pack with some little snacks for 20 bucks. They are in a weird spot on the top shelf that separates the floral section from the checkout lines. If you stand on the check out line side you can see them on the top wrapped up

That is an odd place. I really didn't care for the last reserve. If anybody wants them I have a few bottles left over...

I really enjoyed DR14.

Why would they be selling bombers with snacks?

I noticed something similar at the Clear Lake HEB. They had baskets with Dosarita, chili cheese Frito's, a travel bottle of mouthwash and a travel sized deodorant. It was so funny I just stood and looked at it. Everything was on sticks like one of those "fruit bouquets" They were in the floral section right by the exit. I saw them after I checked out.

I figured it was a bad idea left over from Father's Day. It really made no sense, I just stood there shaking my head...

Chef Jay

Drove by the Clear Lake Defalcos yesterday and there was work going on inside... so that is good. Hopefully the water stuff is behind them.

talked to them the earlier this week. They now have all their permits ready and are working on opening soon. I don't know how soon, but soon.

Defalco's Clear Lake store is now open!

I'm going to hit them up for some ingredients this week.

After over a year of searching, purchasing, building out and outfitting, we are finally open! The address is: 16532 Sea Lark, Houston TX 77062. Phone (281) 486-1141. Our hours will be:

Monday: Closed

Tuesday - Thursday: 11 - 7

Friday: 11 - 8

Saturday: 10 - 5

Sunday: 12 - 4

I was there Friday and today. Great store, I'm glad they are much closer now. No more fighting traffic!

Yep... a much easier drive for me.. and my son is a sophomore at Clear Lake High School.. so I'm over there all the time picking him up from school.

Back