Peach Pilsner Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a recipe for both extract and real fruit. Using real fruit makes it take longer to mature, but if you go the extract route it will be ready in around 3 weeks.

5 gallon batch:

Grain:
6lbs Maris Otter (or 2-row)
.5lb Vienna (crystal 15)
1lb corn sugar

Hops:
1 oz. Cluster 60 min.
1 oz. German Hallertauer 15 min. or
1 oz. Czech Saaz

Yeast:
WLP810 San Francisco Lager or
WLP800 Pilsner Lager

Peach:
2 oz. Peach Extract or 2-2.5lbs Peaches

60 min. mash between 154-156. Add the peach extract before bottling or peel and puree peaches and add to secondary for 3 weeks.

This beer pours a deep golden hue with tons of peach flavor and aroma. I like to use the Maris Otter and the Vienna because it gives the beer great body, which really compliments the peach flavor. I've made this beer with 2-row and crystal 15 before, and it just came off a little too thin in body and the peach flavor overpowered the beer. Tasted like peach soda. I used WLP810 because of its versatile fermentation temperature range, but I've also used WLP800 with decent results too. If you use real peaches, this beer does well out of a keg. If you use extract, I recommend naturally conditioning in bottles. The extract just doesn't seem to settle in to the beer when its kegged.

Latest posts

Back