Peace Coffee Java Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguardoc504

Reaction score
I ordered the Extract kit from Midwest.

Anyone brewed this one?
Opinions?

I am a huge coffee guy (5-8 cups before 10am:D)
Thought it would be worth the try.

Also would I need a specific tap for my kegerator(this is my first stout)? Currently I have Perlick 575SS's

:mug: to all!!

The biggest suggestion I can give on this brew is to be patient. The flavor continues to develop for several months. One of the crew here, Dan, recently made it, and it was great after 2-3 months. So patience will definitely pay off with this one.

As to the faucet you will need. The Perlick faucet that you have will work just fine. If you're looking to add a little flair to your system, you can get a Stout faucet (http://www.midwestsupplies.com/nads-chrome-stout-faucet.html), but generally you want to run that with a nitrogen system.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

~ Nick

The biggest suggestion I can give on this brew is to be patient. The flavor continues to develop for several months. One of the crew here, Dan, recently made it, and it was great after 2-3 months. So patience will definitely pay off with this one.

As to the faucet you will need. The Perlick faucet that you have will work just fine. If you're looking to add a little flair to your system, you can get a Stout faucet (http://www.midwestsupplies.com/nads-chrome-stout-faucet.html), but generally you want to run that with a nitrogen system.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

~ Nick

Thanks Nic :mug:,
If anything I have found patience to be a great tool with home brewing (Bourbon Barrel Ale).

I am going to bre as soon as it come in, so it will be ready for spring/summer :tank:

Back