patterns of baldness?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so, my beard is pretty much grey now. and i got a full head of hair...but my calves are going bald? what the hell pattern baldness is that? i wish i could say it was male, but i've never had any chest hair either...now i look like i shave my legs! S.O.B.

Being of a genetically hirsute persuasion I will say upon contemporary examination the better part of my calves are quite hairless.
Honestly never considered it before, but there they are.
And at 70-ish I'm ok with it - better the calves are hairless than the skull, on average :D

Cheers!

Being of a genetically hirsute persuasion I will say upon contemporary examination the better part of my calves are quite hairless.
Honestly never considered it before, but there they are.
And at 70-ish I'm ok with it - better the calves are hairless than the skull, on average :D

Cheers!

lol, so it's normal for legs to go bald? i'm just starting to grow up, and don't know what to expect....

Ok, so, this is an area of human biology I have not spent much time considering, but I think it might be an abrasive thing?
The front 180° of my lower legs are prototypically fuzzy while the back halves are pretty near nekkid?

Cheers! (this is gettin' weird :D)

Ok, so, this is an area of human biology I have not spent much time considering, but I think it might be an abrasive thing?
The front 180° of my lower legs are prototypically fuzzy while the back halves are pretty near nekkid?

Cheers! (this is gettin' weird :D)

yeah well, the half of the front of my calves are bald now, where they used have girls telling me how hairy my legs were...the backs have always been hairless...

and it makes me feel funny too....i accidently shaved my head a while back, but it grew back...i don't know what to do about my legs? start swiming?

here's my left leg...it used to be beautifully hairy....now it just looks like i tried to wax and wasn't any good at it! what pattern baldness is this?

hairlesslegs.jpg

my god i've seen women with hairier legs, and faces then me? i brew for god's sake! i should look like a mountain man! lol

Well, according to Google.... "Hair loss on the legs is also known as anterolateral leg alopecia. This is because it is visible on the front (anterior) and sides (lateral) of the lower legs."

well at least i can try and work antler into the next keep one drop one play......:mug:

edit: and honestly i've googled why i can't grow chest hair..they say i don't have enough estrogen...which is confusing...what's that even mean? i'm balls to the wall manly because i look like a woman? lol

Last edited:
Relax! You're going to be okay! I figured this out last week.

That's a condition called Pants Baldness.

I busted out the shorts a couple of weeks ago and noticed to my horror that the outside of my (normally gloriously wooly) calves were similarly bald. Then, an icy pit formed in my stomach as I noticed that the backs of my shapely calves were similarly shorn of their masculine majesty. I plummeted into a deep despair at this most recent and cruel indignity of middle age. I contemplated ending it all.

But, hark! A sunburst of stubble pierced my pall of anguish. Indeed! Where once there was only smooth pastiness, the following week brought with it sunburnt stubble.

It'll be okay, Brac, just give it a couple weeks and you'll be as marvelously fuzzy as always.

Relax! You're going to be okay! I figured this out last week.

That's a condition called Pants Baldness.

I busted out the shorts a couple of weeks ago and noticed to my horror that the outside of my (normally gloriously wooly) calves were similarly bald. Then, an icy pit formed in my stomach as I noticed that the backs of my shapely calves were similarly shorn of their masculine majesty. I plummeted into a deep despair at this most recent and cruel indignity of middle age. I contemplated ending it all.

But, hark! A sunburst of stubble pierced my pall of anguish. Indeed! Where once there was only smooth pastiness, the following week brought with it sunburnt stubble.

It'll be okay, Brac, just give it a couple weeks and you'll be as marvelously fuzzy as always.

if only i could believe you! but it is warming up and i'll be wearing shorts, and i've planted more plants that will need watering outside...

i just listened to a rap song with someone pimped out with a fuzzy jacket, i hope that's not the pants i have to start wearing.....

Chafing pants are a pita. When I was still doing olympic weightlifting and was at a 27-28 BMI but at 13% bodyfat the front and inside of my thighs and back of my calves were completely hairless.
Now I’m skinny and all my head hair has magically been transferred to my chest.

I think my dad may have been part wookie as I one of those guys that looks like he's always wearing a shirt.

The only place I can't seem to grow hair is on top of my head. Thanks nature!!

But I do have odd spots of baldness on my legs from sitting in an office chair all day with 2 phones in my pocket. The area around the pocket on my thigh is oddly bald making my thigh look like a bomb testing area in the woods.

The area around the pocket on my thigh is oddly bald making my thigh look like a bomb testing area in the woods.

damn 5G, am'i'rite? lol :mug:

I think we all want to hear about how exactly one accidentally shaves his head.:D
Oh, and don't worry about that calf hair, it just migrates to your ears.

well, i usually just buzz my head #2 on the back, #5 on the top....i felt like a long hair, so i wanted to try a #1 all over. didn't realize it was shorter then expected until i already took a swipe over my head.

and now that you mention it, i do strangley have to keep plucking ear hairs now? so you're saying each one i pluck from my ear, i lose one from my legs? lol :mug:

My legs are virtually bald except for the patch of hair that grows just below my kneecaps...

And now I know where it's all going, straight to my neck, I have to get my neck shaved more often than getting a haricut

Kinda redic

Back