party kegs, are they worth it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whysixb

Reaction score
i keep telling my wife that I have to buy beer because I need the bottles. this will only last so long. i see the 5 liter party kegs online and was wondering if they are a good idea. the kit comes with 4 party kegs, tap and
CO2 canisters. will those be o.k to use? i have never seen anyone use them, but filling 53 bottles is a lot of work when i can just siphon into 4 party kegs. any ideas will help? thanks guys.

I love using mini-kegs. I have a Philtap system. Together, it's great for a couple of reasons in my case. I don't have a lot of room for more than one corny keg, but I can fit three or four mini-kegs in the garage beer fridge.

You can force carbonate with the Philtap. It works great, imho. I love taking my beer to family and friends houses for parties. It's way more portable than bottles or a larger keg.

And like the other poster said, you can reused the German 5L kegs, (not Heineken), so you can buy them, enjoy something you don't normally drink, and reuse the keg.

Back