"Party Keg"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjohnsen

Reaction score
I bottle my brew. Any recommendations for a keg holding about 2 gallons that can carbonate/condition in the keg?

Are you asking about a self contained system where you don't need a full kegging set up? Goggle party pig. Otherwise, you can carbonate and condition in any keg.

Thanks all. Was looking for a self contained system. Just getting started in home brewing.

Thanks all. Was looking for a self contained system. Just getting started in home brewing.

You'll still need a CO2 source for the keg... While some breweries have used the kegs that have a CO2 source inside them, they're not available for us. You'd still need a way to charge the CO2 system inside one of those.

I have a couple of regulators that use the paintball gun CO2 bottles. Very portable there, but not cheap.

You'll still need a CO2 source for the keg... While some breweries have used the kegs that have a CO2 source inside them, they're not available for us. You'd still need a way to charge the CO2 system inside one of those.

He/she's thinking of something like the party pig - no outside CO2 bottle needed, it's like a little internal pouch.

Thanks all. Yeah, the Party Pig type of thing is what I had in mind.

Back