Parts list for expanding my keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valicious

Reaction score
I was about to just go the route of getting a big ol' CO2 manifold, but then I thought "It'd be great to be able to set different beers at different PSIs"
I'm too cheap to buy a ton of secondary regulators and chain them together, so I assembled a plan and parts list. I was hoping you guys could verify if this will work or not.

From CHI Company:
Miniature Multi-Line Regulators - 2 x $23.70 (CO2RegMini - 03C03102)
I'm not a fan of the MFL outlets on these, but I'll make due. They have a built in back-check valve, so the regulator's safe. My only concern was whether a 100psi regulator would have fine enough control for my purposes, or if I should go with the Norgren model. (the turn dial feature is nice, but it's twice as much)
Cap - Female Flare Thread - 10 x $0.40
Essentially the poor man's shut off valve. I plan to put these on the outlets that I'm not using. When dealing with MFL fittings (like on those regulators), actual shut off valves jump up to over $10 :(
Swivel Nut Hose Stem - 2-Piece 10 x $1.30 (BrassFtg - 05B01117)
These are for the outlets I am using. I ordered 10 of both the caps and these just to be safe that I never run short of either.
1/4" X Fitting 1 x $2.49
The plan is to have barb #1 attached to the tubing connected to my primary regulator and CO2 tank, barb #2 attached to tubing connected to my 3-way manifold I already have, and barbs #3 and #4 will lead to tubing connected to each of the regulators listed above. My primary regulator will be set for the psi for my 3-way manifold. (soda, which is the highest psi)

The above and four sets of gas&liquid disconnects (plus a few parts to repair a corny keg)+shipping = $130.98

From Brewmasters Warehouse
90 degree SS Tail piece 1/4" - 2 x $5.99
Chrome Shank 3" - 2 x $11.99
Based on the picture, I'm assuming these come with the flange and washer.
Beer Hex Nut - 2 x $1.05
Reconditioned 5-Gallon Cornelius Keg - Ball Lock - 4 x $34.99

Total of above (minus discount) +shipping = $164
Total project cost = $294.98

This will bring my keezer from a mere two three taps to a breathtaking seven taps, with the capacity for 10. (10 kegs is the limit of my freezer)
Should all this work. Is it work the extra $45 to get the other brand of regulators?

anyone? I was hoping to order all this soon. (need to get the repair parts for a corny anyways, my cider is stuck in there)

I would think that a regulator is a regulator as long as it doesn't leak. The worst case would be that using a regulator to go from 20 PSI to 15 PSI to 14 PSI wouldn't have enough high-side pressure to pass through, but in that case all you would have to do is set your tank regulator (Manifold) to something like 30, and buy a 3rd regulator for the soda kegs. An alternative to the caps would be to remove the MFL fittings and install plugs in those ports (assuming they are NPT?). For that matter, you could just plug the ones you don't want, remove the MFL's from the ones you do, and replace them with NPT barbs, if that's what you prefer! Personally I love the flexibility of MFL fittings. I use 3/16 beer line for everything, and being able to move hoses around can be pretty handy, and makes spares useful for transfers and things like that.

Back