Parts for build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michele Craft

Reaction score
Hi all, referring back to these threads:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/can-i-fit-4-sixtels-in-this-freezer.685051/#post-9040567https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/multiple-newbie-questions.673212/#post-8778070
I think I have my shopping list built, with a few questions... MFL fittings on everything with EVA lines and duotight fittings. The only place I have to have a barb and hose clamp is at the tap shank and that's because I have the short shanks with the black pipe tower I'm making. Even if I cut the barn off, I still can't do a duotight fitting because with the inside nut and a nut I'm putting on the other side of the bushing, I don't have enough thread left on the shank. A worm clamp just there shouldn't be too bad.

I'm going to do 2 manifolds with 2 lines each (MAYBE 3 lines each in case I have a need for 3 with one pressure and 1 with another, or 2/2). I've got a dual body regulator in the shopping cart. The plan is to have ball locks on the line and put QDs on the keg coupler. I am concerned about the height of the coupler with the MFL to QD fittings added on, which leads me to one of my questions. I see D couplers in low profile which I might do, or at the very least get a 90" fitting for the beer line on the keg to cut down on some height there, but what about non D couplers? I don't see them in low profile at all.

Also - how do you pick what couplers to get? Just look at what each beer typically uses commercially and go from there? Thinking maybe 2 Ds an S and an A but really not sure how to decide and buying a full set up of all seems dumb.

Thanks in advance for any insite!

[...]
Also - how do you pick what couplers to get? Just look at what each beer typically uses commercially and go from there? Thinking maybe 2 Ds an S and an A but really not sure how to decide and buying a full set up of all seems dumb.[...]

While home brewers might have a favorite Sanke keg/coupler type, which couplers to obtain by a "beer buyer" totally depends on the specific beers enjoyed by same. I won't cite which countries/breweries use which style couplers - that is easily found on the intertoobs - but that really drives what you'd want to have on hand. Definitely don't want to go random and buy one of every coupler type out there - do the basic research and buy what you actually want :)

Cheers!

Yep, I used this link to look at the types of beers we drink and that's how I came up with the 2 D, an S and an A option to start. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something on that part so thanks for the confirmation!

https://www.micromatic.com/keg-couplers/beer-brand-/-keg-taps-couplers-listing
If anyone else has any feedback or thinks "what the &^%$# are you doing that for??" please let me know LOL!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back