Palm stockpot ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver02ws6

Reaction score
Have been contemplating a big kettle for 10 gal boils for a while. At Marshall's today ran across a huge stockpot 103.5 Qt. appears to be a tri clad bottom couldn't speak to the thickness. It's priced at $200 so I could save some money.

Anyone know anything about these pots? It said it was made by palm and was 18/10 stainless steel I believe.

Thanks for any input!

I've heard reasonable things about them.

At the end of the day, a kettle is only there to keep your beer from spilling onto the floor while you boil it. Even things like triclad bottoms are mostly unnecessary. That's a mighty big pot for 10 gallons, though. Are the dimensions such that it will be useable less than half full?

$200 seems expensive, for that money I'd want a ball valve. I don't think this one will be easy to modify. The tri-ply just isn't necessary. A thinnish stainless kettle will do you just fine.

I saw the same pot in a local Marshall's to me it appeared to be the same as the Update International stock pot I use but stamped with the palm name. Although I don't have any hard evidence I believe that the triclad SS stockpots from update international, palm, and NB's megapot are all made by the same chinese manufacturer and stamped with different names respectively.

The 25 gallon megapot w/ball valve is $307. The plain megapot without valve or therm is $219. That's not considering shipping. So $200 is well below either option, you can easily outfit it with a weld less valve and still be well under $307.

I'd say if you want a triclad heavy-duty pot, it's a good deal for $200. As someone said above, it's probably a bit of overkill for boiling wort, but I really like my 60 qt triclad pot and the damn thing is bulletproof. I don't think you'll regret buying it.

You can go with that. I bought a Palm as a second PM pot a while back. Decent pot too. For my 15 gal, I bought one off Amazon from Thunder Group. At around $60 it was far more cost efficient than the Palm would be.

It came down to me needing a new pot as the wife was making a large pot of sauce for a dinner party the same day I wanted to brew. I headed out and came home with the 103.5 quart Palm pot from a Home Goods for $199 (I was looking for a 40-60 qt pot, but couldn't find one anywhere in those sizes). I brew 5 gallon AG batches on a regular basis with it and have no issues doing so. Is it over kill? Yup, but over kill is under rated!

Back