Pale Ale Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csandvik

Reaction score
Good day,
I brewed the Citral Pale Ale extract kit from Midwest on Sunday. I followed all directions to a tee. Temp at pitch was 70, I made sure I shook the package of yeast, it was nice and swollen. Everything was sanitized.
I have seen no action and the temp is sitting at 70. Should I pitch again? How long should I wait? Will the beer taste different with 2 yeast packets in?

Thanks

It's been 2 days, probably still building cells. Give it time! This beer will turn out just fine if you leave it. :)

Future things that can minimize lag time:
1) Build a big starter, cell count is huge!
2) Oxygenate the wort

Otherwise, lag time is normal! RDWHAHB

Good day,
I brewed the Citral Pale Ale extract kit from Midwest on Sunday. I followed all directions to a tee. Temp at pitch was 70, I made sure I shook the package of yeast, it was nice and swollen. Everything was sanitized.
I have seen no action and the temp is sitting at 70. Should I pitch again? How long should I wait? Will the beer taste different with 2 yeast packets in?

Thanks

You should be fine, especially when you pitch straight from the pouch/vial, some lag time is to be expected. Also, not sure if you're fermenting in a bucket, but sometimes they don't seal up all that well, so you don't see too much activity in the airlock, but it's still chugging along.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back