Paintball CO2 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeering

Reaction score
So I have a paintball CO2 tank that I want to use for various task and as a backup so I dont have to take my main tank out of my kegerator everytime I want to use CO2. What Im trying to find is a cheaper regulator to use so I can carb at the right pressure. Here is something I found but hoping to find something cheaper

Regulator

Im ok putting something together myself just havent found anything

I just looked into this whole set up for summer time and holiday parties, but I came accross a 2.5# brand new tank off of CL for 30.SOLD

but that adapter is alitte on the $$$ but a great idea.

Instead of searching for a paintball regulator look for a paintball regulator adapter and you'll find something like the link I have listed below. Just don't lay the paintball tank on its side like in the picture because liquid CO2 will swamp the regulator.

http://www.homebrewing.org/The-Adapter-CO2-regulator-to-Paintball-Tank-Adapter_p_1122.html

I saw that adapter and considered it, but would still want a regulator so I can control the temp, so considering that the only simple single guage regulator i can find is around $40 so with the adapter comes out to the same price. Thats why im looking for a cheap single guage regulator (dont care about the pressure in the tank)

The adapter is just an adapter that sits between the tank and the regulator. Oddly, the picture shows a completed paintball tank + adapter + regulator.
So what you would need is your regular regulator and just put the adapter on the paintball tank then attach the regulator to that.

Though since you scored a cheap tank, it's a moot point now.

what you need to be careful with the aquarium ones is to make sure its a pressure guage and not a flow guage, they work diferently and cannot be interchanged (found that out the hard way with my main regulator for my kegerator)

Instead of searching for a paintball regulator look for a paintball regulator adapter and you'll find something like the link I have listed below. Just don't lay the paintball tank on its side like in the picture because liquid CO2 will swamp the regulator.

http://www.homebrewing.org/The-Adapter-CO2-regulator-to-Paintball-Tank-Adapter_p_1122.html

Out of curiosity, aren't paintball tanks meant to be used at all different angles, ie. on the run? Why would this be any different? :confused:

Back