Painful, a cheese article on a beer forum on st patty's day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloJohn

Reaction score
This is my first time ever picking on someone, but I should think there would be a great article about a Guinness recipe, or an Irish Red, or perhaps how to use nitrogen/beergas.

Well, that's my two cents ....

Happy St Patrick's Day to all

This is my first time ever picking on someone, but I should think there would be a great article about a Guinness recipe, or an Irish Red, or perhaps how to use nitrogen/beergas.

Well, that's my two cents ....

Happy St Patrick's Day to all

Maybe you should have written one then. Do you think there's an article tree we pick these off of?

(I'm not really disagreeing with you, but HBT publishes the articles that our members write. That's all we have)

Maybe you should have written one then. Do you think there's an article tree we pick these off of?

(I'm not really disagreeing with you, but HBT publishes the articles that our members write. That's all we have)

Of course not. I have it on good authority from my father that nothing at all grows on trees. Money doesn't grow on trees. Electricity and water do not grow on trees. Gasoline doesn't grow on trees. Trees are pretty much worthless.

Of course not. I have it on good authority from my father that nothing at all grows on trees. Money doesn't grow on trees. Electricity and water do not grow on trees. Gasoline doesn't grow on trees. Trees are pretty much worthless.

trees are a tremendous waste of good wood.

build a chair or a table or, in the case of a Les Paul, use 3 different trees and build a guitar

To all of my HBT friends above... you missed one point HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY.

Perhaps I should write something though I don't really feel worthy. The majority of the articles are well written and quite informational. I'll have to give that some serious thought as I wouldn't want to screw it up.

By the way Badlee - nice website and quite an interesting Saison. Looks like a lot of effort went into planning and making it. Cheers!

I agree with the OP to a certain point, but having a peek at the scene behind the scene gives me a bit of reality to judge from.

In HINDSIGHT an article on any actual Irish beer style would have been good. Or MAYBE an article showing how to make a nice Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner. Or, in the LEAST, how to make a Dubliner Cheese!

But, the cheese article was a really good article IMO and if this was to be considered a screw up, it was a worthy screw up.

My advice is to get working on a St. Paddy's day article for next year so we can avoid this embarrassment next year.

@BuffaloJohn
Thank you very much sir,a very worthy experiment,if not the most scientific

Why brew something as ****ty as Guinness when you could brew something that doesn't taste like extremely watered down piss coffee?

If you're going to call out a lack of respect for a tradition, at least get the bloody name of that tradition right. http://paddynotpatty.com/

you mean Justanotherreasonfordumbfratboystodrinktoomuch Day? kinda like Cinco de Mayo? why the flocc are NH kids celebrating such a day? there is beer involved. bunch of Plastic Paddys is all.

you mean Justanotherreasonfordumbfratboystodrinktoomuch Day?

Ah, yes, Justanotherreasonfordumbfratboystodrinktoomuch Day. A noble and honorable tradition dating back centuries. A tradition which I am proud to carry on, by waking up the next morning on the bathroom floor next to the toilet, just like my grandpappy and his grandpappy before him.

A great man, Seamus O'la5 was. And a great Bro.

Back